DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I think the earliest I saw it wasn’t during the build to Jericho-Tanahashi...?

Might pre-date that. But it’s as far back as I go.

I'm pretty sure it was Tanahashi, saying that if he beat Jericho at the Dome he would want to open the forbidden door and get a shot at the AEW title.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Exactly where did the "forbidden door" term start, anyway? Was it something Meltzer said? 

And like I said in the Impact thread him saying "I am the Forbidden Door!" was incredible trolling... of everyone. 

Jericho called it the forbidden portal when he offered to give Tana a shot at the AEW belt if he beat Jericho at WK. 

9 hours ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

They are such a project.  They need to work brawls that toughen them up.  They have no personality as a team in between bells.  They should become the team that The New Age Outlaws were when they would work opposite Foley.  

Yes totally agree re Outlaws comparison. I’m a big Acclaimed fan; think they have a super high ceiling. Outlaws were comedic and brutal though (think: SS 98 beating they laid down on Mankind). Would like to see Acclaimed roughened around the edges.

See the Shaq/Jade vs Cody/Velvet match? Is Red Velvet also out of the Nightmare Factory? Because if she's an actual training partner of Jade's, and they've got this whole month to prepare their bits of it, that might help quite a bit. It could explain why they gave her the spot, rather than a more veteran worker.

Or possibly they think loads of horny young men are going to watch for Shaq, and they reckon those lads are more likely to fall in love at first sight with Velvet than, like, Swole or Leva...

ARN Podcast

Arn Anderson.

“To be perfectly honest with you, there’s something that’s going to be happening I hope pretty soon on AEW and we’ll keep that close to the vest. It will change my life 100% and it will change that individual’s life 100%. As far as building a new tag team for the future, that may be the first building block and we’ll just sit on that for now. There are some plans in the works.”

Lets F****** go!!!

Turn on him AA!

Never trust an Anderson. 

The Shadow knows........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

ARN Podcast

Arn Anderson.

“To be perfectly honest with you, there’s something that’s going to be happening I hope pretty soon on AEW and we’ll keep that close to the vest. It will change my life 100% and it will change that individual’s life 100%. As far as building a new tag team for the future, that may be the first building block and we’ll just sit on that for now. There are some plans in the works.”

Lets F****** go!!!

Turn on him AA!

Never trust an Anderson. 

The Shadow knows........

I doubt Cody has the time to listen to ARN. You should probably warn him directly before it's too late.

56 minutes ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

ARN Podcast

Arn Anderson.

Lets F****** go!!!

Turn on him AA!

Never trust an Anderson. 

The Shadow knows........

59d206b7b09b2b2f928308306b198c09.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Sonny Kiss's new finisher will not endear him to the people on this board who hate Stunners / Ace Crushers.

I laughed because I just started imagining that he has to do the splits whenever he sits down.

somebody posted this tweet last month ( @The Natural i think?) and introduced me to this shirt. 

i immediately ordered one and it made me remember an old web video of Mortis and Glacier, during a wrestling match, but somebody added in Mortal Kombat health bars and sound effects. couldn't find it online, but was able to find it on an old hard drive. YouTube copyright claimed it, but here it is on dailymotion:

anyway, the shirt showed up today and it's awesome. if you want one, here's the link:

https://relax16.mymoteefe.com/mortal-kombat-shirt-18?color=black&product=men-s-t-shirt&size=xl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1