DVDVR Message Board

AEW - FEB 2021

Dolfan in NYC

So Choco Pro just announced Emi Sakura & Asuka vs. Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki for next Saturday with special guest referee Hikaru Shida. So she's producing the matches on the Japan side in-person, which is cool. It would also explain why they've been reluctant on putting her in a long-term program at the time and why she's not been featured since the Abadon feud. However, it doesn't explain away the strange lack of appearances prior to that. 

I sort of like the concept of the Nightmare Family, but it doesn’t seem to be anything more than a concept and they’ve not really done anything with it on tv. What exactly does anyone get from joining?

I presume young guys get to learn under vets like the Rhodes and Arn, but isn’t that what’s happening with Comorato anyway and he hasn’t joined as far as I’m aware. 

Is it still acknowledged on Dark that the Gunns joined? That doesn’t seem to have had any significance and it happened months ago now.

10 minutes ago, Kev said:

I sort of like the concept of the Nightmare Family, but it doesn’t seem to be anything more than a concept and they’ve not really done anything with it on tv. What exactly does anyone get from joining?

They get jumpsuits and get the logo added to their Titantron!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Kev said:

I presume young guys get to learn under vets like the Rhodes and Arn, but isn’t that what’s happening with Comorato anyway and he hasn’t joined as far as I’m aware. 

Is it still acknowledged on Dark that the Gunns joined? That doesn’t seem to have had any significance and it happened months ago now.

Big day for the Nightmare Family!  Cody on Twitter: "Welcome @Mr_Freakbeast to the Nightmare Family! https://t.co/a5CJB8cM7v" / Twitter

Austin Gunn still wears his Nightmare Family jacket, Billy normally doesn't and Colton isn't in the Family officially.

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I think it's a deal where you send in a certain number of box tops plus postage and handling and then you get a membership card and an iron-on logo.

I'm saving mine for... reasons.

Image result for gi joe mail in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Lollll.  Flagg points!I had that figure.  G.I. Joes were my shit.  I might have a Cobra tattoo.

Fat Spanish Waiter, is that you?

think the idea behind the Nightmare Family is that it's more of training group like they have in MMA, rather than a traditional wrestling stable a la Heenan Family. But that doesn't really come across since they don't really do any vignettes or anything along those lines. I guess by bringing in Aaron Solow they'll have a built-in subplot when the Nightmare Family/Team Taz feud reignites.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I think it's a deal where you send in a certain number of box tops plus postage and handling and then you get a membership card and an iron-on logo.

Might be the fever talking but I think having a Nightmare Family kit on AEWSHOP would be quite popular. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Haha 2

This week's lineup for Dark-

Red Velvet with Big Swole vs. Diamante with Ivelisse

SCU vs. Lee Johnson and Aaron Solow

Tay Conti with Anna Jay vs. Alex Gracia

PAC vs. VSK

Ryan Nemeth vs. Marko Stunt

KC Navarro vs. Sonny Kiss with Joey Janela

Joey Janela with Sonny Kiss vs. Jack Evans with Angelico

Brian Cage with Hook vs. Jake St. Patrick

“Pretty” Peter Avalon and Cezar Bononi vs. Shawn Dean and Charlie Bravo

Miranda Alize vs. Nyla Rose with Vickie Guerrero

10 with Dark Order vs. Baron Black

Natural Nightmares and Nick Comoroto vs. Vary Morales and Jersey Muscle Society

• Like 2

I really like how many of those  names are familiar to me now.  I don't always have time to watch every match from every Dark but even for a part-time viewer like me AEW has been doing a good job getting their "jobbers" and young indie wrestlers over. And that also makes me curious and excited to see any new names since almost everyone on Dark has been worth watching for one reason or another.

I also totally believe that the reason Dark has been running so long recently is that Tony K wants to get a payday to as many indie wrestlers as possible. I love that. Get the young folk paid and give them exposure. Keep on giving us more than we have time for!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, El Gran Gordi said:

I really like how many of those  names are familiar to me now.  I don't always have time to watch every match from every Dark but even for a part-time viewer like me AEW has been doing a good job getting their "jobbers" and young indie wrestlers over. And that also makes me curious and excited to see any new names since almost everyone on Dark has been worth watching for one reason or another.

I also totally believe that the reason Dark has been running so long recently is that Tony K wants to get a payday to as many indie wrestlers as possible. I love that. Get the young folk paid and give them exposure. Keep on giving us more than we have time for!

And some of those jobbers became valuable too- look at Will Hobbs, Top Flight, the Acclaimed, Five and Dime,  and Anna Jay.

Danny Limelight I think could be the next one to get real value.

Edited by alstein
  • Like 1