DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

19 minutes ago, Happ Hazzard said:

So apparently Lauren Boebert (the Republican US Representative for Colorado, who owns a restaurant where staff are encouraged to openly carry firearms) may be the illegitimate daughter of Sweet Stan Lane.

Whaaaa? How did this come up?

I can't wait for Jim Cornette's reaction lol

We're talking about 1986 in Florida. I picture him putting on karate demonstrations in middle of nowhere dive bars on the regular. It's not much of a surprise if you think about it. Don't forget... he was the only wrestler trained by Ric Flair. 

• Haha 3

The card in Orlando on March 16th, 1986 (almost 9 months before December 15th, 1986):

So we're dangerously close to another Kevin Sullivan conspiracy theory here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I think he shows up in really early ECW

Yes, and only worked like, 3 matches at 1 taping (including the one where he won the belt off Muraco), about a year before ECW went "Extreme" (although it's actually like, the show before Heyman took over fully)

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, The Natural said:

Ricochet needs gallows humour with his WWE fallen stock.

Didn't he Re-sign.. if so than why? He'd easily have a Nice spot in New Japan not to Mention AEW. Based off his social media he's making some nice coins regardless and I know alot of his best friends are still under contract too so I'm sure he's not miserable but He obviously should be higher up the card than he is

Edited by Ziggy

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

A hilarious moment...WWE Tweets 

And "Arn Anderson" has been trending for at least 3 hours.

I hate a spinebuster that doesn't have the rotation to it. Not so much Ron Simmons spinebuster, but the Rock's falling down spinebuster. Batista's sucks as well.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 6

Ron Simmons's spinebuster worked because he just fuckin stiffly tried to shove you through the mat. 

But I mean Arn Anderson is such an obvious answer that I assume it's because he's working for the competition that he's not on this thing.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Ron Simmons's spinebuster worked because he just fuckin stiffly tried to shove you through the mat. 

But I mean Arn Anderson is such an obvious answer that I assume it's because he's working for the competition that he's not on this thing.

Simmons' is my favorite. It just looks like he's waffling someone. 

• Like 4