DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

37 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

love Bayley but that would be a bad idea. Needs to be one on one. 

Needs to be 1 on 1.  Not just because

31 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm literally wearing a Bayley t-shirt right now while I type this: putting her into it to make a triple threat is a terrible idea because triple threats are a terrible idea that should vanish from wrestling.

[again, unless Scott Steiner is the special guest color analyst/mathematician breaking down each competitor's odds of winning, I never want to see/hear another one]

but (as I feel like I've said about 100 times in the past month) in this specific case it's too soon for Bayley to beat either of them OR take another loss to either of them. Which leaves being the 3rd wheel not involved in the decision, and in that case why even put her in there/have a triple threat at all?

So my thoughts on the WWE twitter stuff is their attempt to button up any loose ends so they can present a nice tidy package if they want to sell the company in the future.

"Look at this, our talent have no benefits and they can't make anything out of what we give them, your costs are very controlled, buy now!"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

This is pure speculation, but I imagine if they provided the option of riding on a chartered bus from show to show, a lot of people would rent their own cars anyway. 

I mean, isn't that how the touring NXT shows are/were? Fly to the first city, hop on a chartered bus to the first show, hop on said bus to shows two and three on the weekend, bus back to airport to fly out.

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Then have the company pay for rental cars and gas money. FFS.

At the bare minimum you give a stipend. Everyone gets a business class hotel and a regular sedan. If you’d like to upgrade with your own money you are perfectly welcome to. It’s been beaten to death but there’s no excusing this crap for “independent contractors” who are anything but. Hey, you can write it all off though!

Edited by matt925

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Same here, I'm happy Sasha finally got to have a substantial reign as Champ after all these years. I'm a mark for Sasha but I don't want to come across like one of the Twitter Diva stans, it's still preposterous that it took her 5-6 years to actually get a chance to have a decent run with the title.

And Bianca, it's crazy that she didn't get an NXT Women's title run the way the pushed her for a while as undefeated but the good thing about that is when she got to the main roster it's like she started off completely fresh. She need a clean victory one on one. The way they book these Women's title matches at Mania I wouldn't be surprised if they add Bayley 

Yay. Another big Sasha Banks fan with me and @Niners Fan in CT. Embarrassing that it's taken till now for the Legit Boss to have a proper run as Women's World Champion on the main roster. Also embarrassing Banks is 0-5 at WrestleMania. Yes, Bianca Belair should have held the NXT Women's Championship.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

love Bayley but that would be a bad idea. Needs to be one on one. 

Yes. Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch was THE match in WWE 2019 at WrestleMania but it was turned into an anticlimactic Triple Threat when Charlotte Flair was stupidly added to it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

I don’t think they’d put Banks over Belair after just putting Charlotte over Ripley last year.

Yeah, one would like to think that, but they would. Absolutely, they would, if the mood struck them (i.e. Vince).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Yes, please.

I'm here for this, WrestleMania is 2 Nights so I think they can go away with these multi women title matches they offen do. This would be yet another great way to feature an NXT Women's title match again this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I'm here for this, WrestleMania is 2 Nights so I think they can go away with these multi women title matches they offen do. This would be yet another great way to feature an NXT Women's title match again this year.

Bayley deserves a prime WrestleMania spot for her 2020. Daniel Bryan, Bayley, Sasha Banks and Drew McIntyre were the lone highlights on main roster WWE.

• Like 1

On the subject of Charlotte Flair, there's definitely three WrestleMania matches she should have lost:

Charlotte Flair won the new WWE Women's Championship vs. Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch at WrestleMania XXXII. Sasha Banks should have won this.

Charlotte Flair defended the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship against Asuka at WrestleMania XXXIV by tapout to the Figure 8 and ending Asuka's undefeated streak. Remember how the post match was sticking tainted by the angle when John Cena finds out the Undertaker arrived and runs to get ready. I think they'll be some who disagree with me here.

Charlotte Flair beat Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women's Championship at WrestleMania XXXVI. This was the worst of the three. I don't think Rhea Ripley has ever recovered from it despite her showing in the Women's Royal Rumble match last month where she was the runner-up.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, Peck said:

I mean, isn't that how the touring NXT shows are/were? Fly to the first city, hop on a chartered bus to the first show, hop on said bus to shows two and three on the weekend, bus back to airport to fly out.

Yep, their contracts are different from the main roster though. I think since they don’t get paid as much, they don’t make them pay for their own cars/hotels. I think they drive themselves to Florida loop shows though.

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Then have the company pay for rental cars and gas money. FFS.

Not disagreeing, but the interviewer was appalled at just the fact they had to drive themselves, not that they had to pay for it themselves.

Don't know about y'all but that was quite satisfying.

25 minutes ago, nate said:

Random thought: It amazes me that Truth Martini avoided any #SpeakingOut attention.

Did he do something that I didn't know about?  I haven't read anything on him for a long time.

• Like 1