DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

The spelling mistake on the Godfather plus talk about posters here on the board makes me remember a time were some poster was telling everyone that Bret Hart was actually Brett Hart. 

The Pobanz stuff is just amazing. I only heard about some of his claims, but that André story with him beating André via shoot Bodyslam is hysterical. 

54 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

The spelling mistake on the Godfather plus talk about posters here on the board makes me remember a time were some poster was telling everyone that Bret Hart was actually Brett Hart. 

The Pobanz stuff is just amazing. I only heard about some of his claims, but that André story with him beating André via shoot Bodyslam is hysterical. 

Wasn't Brett Hart a pseudonym of Barry Horowitz?

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

What's the deal with this Pobanz guy? I can't find a cagematch profile for him under his name or under any of the Hangman aliases. Does he have a reputation of being even more full of shit than the average over the hill nobody?

Has been peddling this ridiculous list of lies for the better part of 20 years.

Slammed Andre. Won the NWA title. Tagged with Foley, the Rock, worked in X territories, was there when, he's done it all apparently. 

None of it really verifiable. A lot of it i.e working the Shea Stadium show for Bruno Larry was someone else working the Hangman gimmick that he shows the poster of and takes credit for.

Essentially he paid to do Jimmy Valiant's wrestling school, who then tacitly approves any of his wild claims to fame.

Despite being banned from Cauliflower Alley and debunked publicly by plenty, I'm shocked he's still at it.

• Like 1

And all it took was a global pandemic for companies to work together.

Meanwhile, WWE is still making record profits, signed that lucrative Peacock deal, and they're... *checks notes* denying pay raises and promotions for their staff. That's nothing new when it comes to capitalism, of course. But, still. This combined with the talent cuts last year... big oof.

Don't forget demanding a slice of the Twitch pie and whatever else their talent is doing on the side. And wrestling supposedly stopped acting like the Mafia when the territories ended! McMahon never got the note. 

Juicey Boy and the Finlay kid should be fun to watch. I see Juice now has... a Blues Brothers gimmick?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is everyone's favorite promotion's ring bell? Mine is All Japan, their cadence makes it sound formal and has an air of finality to it.

Before anyone judges me, you know you have one even if you don't know it yet. And yes, my description may have also sounded like a craft beer review. 

9 hours ago, Casey said:

And all it took was a global pandemic for companies to work together.

Meanwhile, WWE is still making record profits, signed that lucrative Peacock deal, and they're... *checks notes* denying pay raises and promotions for their staff. That's nothing new when it comes to capitalism, of course. But, still. This combined with the talent cuts last year... big oof.

My company did that too - where can I complain to? 

Edited by ChesterCopperpot
  • Like 2