DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

Also - fairly or not - if you didn't consider him to be already... Braun is officially injury prone

WWE's Braun Strowman is recovering from an infection that got into his blood system.

“So a little update, I’ve been gone off here for a bit. I got really sick over the weekend," Strowman said in a video posted to his Instagram Stories on Thursday. "I got an infection that got into my blood system, had to get put on antibiotics for that. It was awful, I've dropped like 15 pounds in five days, couldn’t eat and stuff like that, but it looks like I’ve gained 50 pounds of water weight. All my joints and everything are all swollen and inflamed. But the antibiotics are working, I’m feeling better. We're gonna nip this thing in the bud, get back to training, put that mask back on, and I'll be back to seeing you guys very soon."

After being off WWE television since November following a knee injury, Strowman returned to WWE TV on SmackDown's Royal Rumble go-home show on January 29. He entered the men's Royal Rumble match at number 30 and was one of the final five wrestlers in the match. Strowman was eliminated by Seth Rollins, Edge, and Christian.

Strowman eliminated Cesaro, Sheamus, and AJ Styles during the Royal Rumble.

Strowman is a member of the Raw roster. He hasn't appeared on WWE TV since the Royal Rumble.

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Jesus. Blood infections are no joke. I feel like I know of more than a few people who had an infection, it got into their blood, they thought they were fine, and then they died.

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

One of my grandmothers died from one after she got pneumonia.

Sorry for your losses. My Sister had sepsis and it did a number on her but thankfully she beat it. Took a while for her to get better.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

But I mean Arn Anderson is such an obvious answer that I assume it's because he's working for the competition that he's not on this thing.

I honestly think that Arn working for AEW is the whole reason we have that "best spinebuster" post at all, in a kind of "that'll learn him to bust my tomater" sense.

uokSLrqsyxHG3QXyula2tz_GbqThducBG0x7qbbV

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is Mia Yim still part of Retribution? If she is, I can see her being sent back to nxt once that gimmick dies a slow, painful death.

It's kind of frustrating because there's how WWE (Vince) wants to portray it and it's clashing with how Ali is trying to salvage it.  If you go on his Twitter and even check his recent Talking Smack appearance he really wants to make this work by adding a layer or two to this.  It's just too bad that no matter what he tries it won't change anything and it's through no fault of his own.  And I also feel bad for the others for getting dragged down with this too.  Well except for Dijakovic but that's for various reasons.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Someone from here needs to get hired and run a twitter poll for best punches. And then run the WWE version of March Madness. 

Man, with how much Rippa hates it imagine if March Madness was a WWE-sized version of tournaments past and Vince's reaction.  I love it.

• Haha 2

My immediate executive order act would be to cancel Hulk Fucking Hogan. After that, Cesaro gets a lengthy world title reign. Lastly freedom for the GOAT, Daniel Bryan to do whatever he wants including long matches should he so wish. I'd then strut on out after those decisions are done. Thank you.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Let's see...

Naylor worked for NXT and was Dusty's special assistant.

Mookie works for AEW.

Presumably Tony Khan is Coach Tony K and he owns AEW.

I may as well throw in Barnwell working for ESPN.

I nominate Troma Casey for this role.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And I also feel bad for the others for getting dragged down with this too. 

If there's anything positive about it, at least they're under masks and can therefore be rehabbed when this thing dies a miserable death, like Mercedes. 

Or WWE will just furlough them. 

GoodnaturedScarceCowbird-max-1mb.gif

• Like 1

On 2/12/2021 at 8:37 AM, Craig H said:

Let's see...

Naylor worked for NXT and was Dusty's special assistant.

Mookie works for AEW.

Presumably Tony Khan is Coach Tony K and he owns AEW.

I may as well throw in Barnwell working for ESPN.

I nominate Troma Casey for this role.

Woke up on a Friday morning looking forward to a nice three day weekend, and now I'm sitting here asking 'What have I done with my life?'.

THANKS

Edited by CSC
  • Haha 2