DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

GOD DAMMIT PAL WHY ARE THERE FOUR PICTURES OF SHELTON IN THAT POST?

49 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I'll bet that Seth is one damn fine barista!

He's great until you send an order back, then he cuts a 20 minute promo about how terrible and ungrateful The Latte Universe is.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

GOD DAMMIT PAL WHY ARE THERE FOUR PICTURES OF SHELTON IN THAT POST?

He's great until you send an order back, then he cuts a 20 minute promo about how terrible and ungrateful The Latte Universe is.

In that horrible nasally, whiney Mid-western accent of his, the horror, the horror!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I am not sure that's a valid read. There were plenty of cops that didn't pull the shit he pulled. But I'm not sure why that somehow makes what he did to the kid excusable.

Sullivan obviously got involved in some G4P, not uncommon in the fitness industry....and yeah that almost certainly caused him issues. Not defending anything he said, he was a bigot but tbh with a lot of this stuff I just see the ugliness of dunking on a guy who clearly has problems, and in this case there is barely a victim. There's an Orwell quote about the unadulterated joy of finding a target for righteously targeting...I need to find it.

Didn't Lars also sexually harass a yoga instructor online? I'm pretty sure she was a victim. 

2 hours ago, Infinit said:

Didn't Lars also sexually harass a yoga instructor online? I'm pretty sure she was a victim. 

This is where we get into borderline equivocation fallacy territory. Yes I wouldn't argue that his behaviour constituted sexual harassment, though we are at the milder end here and I have no problem saying that whatoever. I said 'there's barely a victim here', which recognises there is technically a victim here but I have seen the messages and the yoga instructor talking to the reporter on Insta and there is nothing to suggest that she feels like a victim or has suffered any emotional damage. He was a big dumb creeper. Woman have put up with worse in bars and nightclubs since time immemorial and whilst that's not good, I think frankly there's a danger here that any and all sense of proportion is lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

This is where we get into borderline equivocation fallacy territory. Yes I wouldn't argue that his behaviour constituted sexual harassment, though we are at the milder end here and I have no problem saying that whatoever. I said 'there's barely a victim here', which recognises there is technically a victim here but I have seen the messages and the yoga instructor talking to the reporter on Insta and there is nothing to suggest that she feels like a victim or has suffered any emotional damage. He was a big dumb creeper. Woman have put up with worse in bars and nightclubs since time immemorial and whilst that's not good, I think frankly there's a danger here that any and all sense of proportion is lost.

I say this with all the love I can muster... but tread extremely carefully here.  It's on absolutely no one but the harrassed person to judge their level of victimhood.   People have the right to their own feelings and they don't need to share what they feel with anyone. 

That being said, she (or someone) complained about Dylan Miley's behavior.  So she probably felt enough that she needed to say something.  (And I'm not trying to be cute by using his shoot name. I'm doing so to draw the distinction between the man we saw on TV - who none of us know, and the character he plays on TV.)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I think she was completely right to say something, and I hear what you are saying but by the same token there's actually then no requirement to label Annika Maidoo-Fuge with a word she has not been seen to attach to herself. A line was crossed, in her own words, and she appears to have dealt with it in an empowered and admirable way.  That's my final word on the matter, and if it's my final word on this board then I will live with that.

Did anyone bring up how the former Tyler Reks came out as Transgender today? Because that happened. I'd say congrats but apparently she's also a MAGA anti-masker, so...

WWE:

A return gradually to ticketed events, but what the entire live event world will be like and how many fans will be available to attend is up in the air.. WWE can run within six weeks again.

The Bad Bunny crossover is to appeal to the latin market. Khan pointed out the success of online numbers and media exposure.

WWE is licensing new scripted and unscripted content.  WWE have sold multi-episode series for John Cena to narrate, closed a deal to integrate WWE content into NBC's Young Rock. A deal has been closed for WWE replica belts using the branding of top sports teams.

Stephanie mentioned they did not give Sasha the Starwars deal but are fine with it. 

They will expand technological infrastructure in mid-2021.

Six months ago Stephanie Mcmahon has taken over the sponsorship part of their business, they have seen a big uptick in that and they are confident in their opportunities. 

Edited by D.Z

15 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Sullivan obviously got involved in some G4P, not uncommon in the fitness industry....and yeah that almost certainly caused him issues. Not defending anything he said, he was a bigot but tbh with a lot of this stuff I just see the ugliness of dunking on a guy who clearly has problems, and in this case there is barely a victim. There's an Orwell quote about the unadulterated joy of finding a target for righteously targeting...I need to find it.

Yeah, you're saying we shouldn't "dunk" on a dude who said hateful shit, and earlier you used the term "tard," so frankly, you can go fuck yourself. 

Edit: for clarity, as a queer dude with a mentally handicapped son, I say you should go fuck yourself. 

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I skipped most of the Peacock stuff but it's mostly about prices and how the Peacock/WWE network will work.

More numbers exist out there on the net for their business too.

Edited by D.Z

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

Yeah, you're saying we shouldn't "dunk" on a dude who said hateful shit, and earlier you used the term "tard," so frankly, you can go fuck yourself. 

Edit: for clarity, as a queer dude with a mentally handicapped son, I say you should go fuck yourself. 

As this is a separate issue, I will respond. Your feedback is noted, and I need to think some more about the ableist language thing. It's difficult because 'idiot' and 'moron' are also ableist, and are also antequated deprecated medical terms. There's then the question of words like 'stupid', 'lame', & 'dumb' (the latter of which I appear to have used frequently recently, but I am scarcely the only one). The truth is that ableist language is a daily occurrence on this board, and even Admin are not above it, so I will decline your suggestion. However I will accept the underlying request, & certainly avoid the repetition of the word in your presence.

If you wish to talk to me further about this, my DMs are open.

Edited by RunningFromAmerica

16 hours ago, alstein said:

The question is- where is the line where someone's behavior becomes irredeemable:  to me that line is just past Will Ospreay/Bea Priestly if the worst allegations against him were true (I consider them debunked- or at least explainable- at worst it's a clear "not proven").  I can't forgive Elgin , Marty, or Chase though.

I think Elgin's worst was the original accusations about covering up something one of his students? did versus anything he himself did, and at least didn't involve underage situations like the other two

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I say this with all the love I can muster... but tread extremely carefully here.  It's on absolutely no one but the harrassed person to judge their level of victimhood.   

Absolutely agree, but.... if the issue is her level of victimhood, why are we discussing it?  Again?  Or are we just making assumptions on how she feels based on how offended we feel?  The tiny bit of info I saw about the episode didn't really make it clear she felt like a victim.  She might and would be within her rights if she did, but, then again, she might have just been annoyed by a jerk and forgot about it soon after.  It sounded like Lars was being an ass, got called on it and put in his place after he was slow to take the hint, and that ended the problem.  If there was more to it after that, I didn't read about it.

I personally feel like I'm in no position to make assumptions about how she feels because I don't know her, don't know Lars, have never communicated with either of them to get their sides of events, etc.   All I know is what I read second-hand (at best) on message boards.   I don't generally consider that a good way to get a complete sense of an issue.  I don't really want to defend Lars here.  I definitely have an opinion about him, but I'm skeptical it's worth much.  Since I've never met him and only know what I've read in a handful of social media and message board posts, I'm guessing whatever opinions I have about him as a person are based on incomplete, possibly inaccurate, information.    

• Thanks 1

Edit: Never mind.  He was one of the Forgotten Sons.  In fact, he was the one I forgot so he obviously lived his gimmick rather well.

KInd of amusing that the Sons made it to the main roster only to get nerfed almost immediately because Jaxson Ryker said something stupid - and Ryker got a better spot on Raw than Blake or Cutler.

Edit 2: I didn't realize Infinit was making a joke until after I posted.  First time, I saw his post, the Forgotten Sons reference whooshed right over my head.  My bad.

Edited by Eoae