DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

The Rider kick. Its an awesome move. Io used to do one.

I've never seen a flipping version. I just thought it was the kick Sasuke did whenever he went diagonal to the outside of the ring and usually ended up blasting the back of the head on the floor. See: the kick Pillman Jr. did through the ropes on Dynamite last Wednesday. Let me know if I'm incorrect.

55 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I've never seen a flipping version. I just thought it was the kick Sasuke did whenever he went diagonal to the outside of the ring and usually ended up blasting the back of the head on the floor. See: the kick Pillman Jr. did through the ropes on Dynamite last Wednesday. Let me know if I'm incorrect.

Honestly, I didn't know the kick Sasuke and co. did was called a rider kick as well. I only knew of joshi version with the diving flip. I only realized the other version was called that when I went to see if I could find another gif of what you posted ( I could not).

I could be wrong, but I think the Rider Kick is a Kamen Rider reference.  The OG Kamen Rider did the Flip -> Kick version, whereas later Riders did the dive kick that Sasuke does.  

Sooo TLDR: I know too much about Kamen Rider and they are both techincally Rider Kicks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Caswell Martin was also great at pro wrestling. Has anyone ever seen this before? So painful looking.

YW2jZO.gif

Didn’t Baszler (maybe others as well, I’m thinking Pete Dunne) sort of do a version where she’d stomp on the elbow. But this works better as there’s always pressure on the arm. The issue with the stomp version is the gap where the recipient could clearly move their arm.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Why does Sting never see it coming?

qCuMEq.gif

Damn, that's not even metaphorical any more! He literally doesn't see! Is that another thing all the heels have exploited over the years? "Hey, guys! Let's all turn on Steve here, not only does he not suspect anything, ever, but he also can barely see anything, anyway! It will not only be fun, but easy as well!"

"Stay tuned fans as we'll learn if Manami Toyota can successfully murder herself. We'll see after the break!" 

(Poor Toshiyo Yamada took that monitor right to the eye and nose. That HAD to suck.)

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1