DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

On 2/7/2021 at 10:05 PM, The Natural said:

In my top three Greatest Wrestlers of All Time, Kenta Kobashi. A living legend of professional wrestling.

My that's high praise indeed and I'm not sure that you're wrong. I'd put Jumbo, Billington and Benoit up there, with Misawa and Kawada coming in very close behind and I'd have to say Daniel Bryan is in the discussion. Nope, when all is said and done, you're right, top three of my lifetime and that covers six decades.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Haku didn't join the WWF til 86.  Pretty sure this would have been the tail end of Heenan's time in the AWA.

Interesting match! I'm always curious to see Heenan wrestle.

He did it like he did everything else in the business... Better than anybody. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zimbra said:

Haku didn't join the WWF til 86.  Pretty sure this would have been the tail end of Heenan's time in the AWA.

Interesting match! I'm always curious to see Heenan wrestle.

Heenan joined WWF in 1984, Haku came in a year later and ironically had his first feud with Heenan's Big John Studd after he (as King Tonga) slammed Studd.  He turned heel and joined Bobby in 1987.

3 hours ago, OSJ said:

My that's high praise indeed and I'm not sure that you're wrong. I'd put Jumbo, Billington and Benoit up there, with Misawa and Kawada coming in very close behind and I'd have to say Daniel Bryan is in the discussion. Nope, when all is said and done, you're right, top three of my lifetime and that covers six decades.

Thank you, Daniel Bryan is definitely my #1 with Kenta Kobashi #2. Fight for third between Mitsuharu Misawa, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada and Ricky Steamboat. Liking your picks, pal!

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Somehow Daniels having hair makes his skull even more elongated than it seems with him bald. He's halfway to a Xenomorph in that photo. 

lest any of us ever wondered why he started shaving it so early in life/career...

• Haha 1

Just now, BobbyWhioux said:

lest any of us ever wondered why he started shaving it so early in life/career...

I mean, he started shaving it (and dying it before that) because his hairline looked like this:

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thank you, Daniel Bryan is definitely my #1 with Kenta Kobashi #2. Fight for third between Mitsuharu Misawa, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Kazuchika Okada and Ricky Steamboat. Liking your picks, pal!

Yeah, hard to leave Tanahashi off the list, fact is that we were spoiled watching him, I'd like to go back in about three years and watch a retrospective of his career as I think it would really show just how great he was, hell at 45 he can still bring it when he wants to, he just works a lot smarter these days. 

Okada has done so much and has so much left in the tank that it is really hard to fathom just how good he is.

Steamboat gets props for working the same routine his entire career and making it work. The epitome of the fired-up babyface who never ever took the easy way out.

• Like 1