DVDVR Message Board

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Thanks for posting this. Never seen it before. A funny funeral, such a thing exists! I lost it at Cody saying "Are you even at a funeral? Look what you're wearing, Tommy Bahama". Frankie Kazarian lost it as well!

I lost it when Hangman starts talking about the groom and the Ruby Riott line

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:54 PM, Teflon Turtle said:

I'm going to take a bit of a risk and hope this qualifies. This is a clip from Letterkenny. No actual wrestling occurs, but it's basically a crossword puzzle of pro-wrestling references and puns recited verbally over the course of two and a half minutes. 

I also feel it worthwhile because K. Trevor Wilson, one of the actors in the clip, is a big wrestling fan. Most of the photos posted to his social media are of him showing off various wrestling t-shirts. (He's also good friends with fellow comedian and wrestling superfan Ron Funches, if you care.)

Spoilered for some NSFW language:

Hide contents

I love that show. That clip is tremendous. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2021 at 2:43 PM, clintthecrippler said:

Speaking of William Regal antics involving a foreign object that put a smile on my face...that time he used "The Power of the Punch" against the Big Show and it didn't turn out as expected:

UlpYUVS.gif

I loved that Show sold it past the bell too, the match was over and Regal was still flailing under a KO'd show ??

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Ron Simmons' world title win is one of my favorite moments:  Ron's genuine emotion, Vader and Harley Race fuming, the kid in the front row freaking out, all the faces coming down to celebrate with Ron.  That is some good professional wrestling right there.

• Like 7

It's poignant that the last Dark Order Being The Elite with Mr. Brodie Lee alive was him giving his props to John Silver for the first time. Usually it was Lee:  "Why is it always fucking Silver?" Reynolds: "He's just a kid" and Silver says "I'm 29 years old!" Lee's response "I have an eight year old kid and he's not a fucking idiot."

Can't forget "Who the fuck is Griff Garrison?" and John Silver getting papered repeatedly. He and EVIL Uno got the paper throwing treatment the most. We miss you, Mr. Brodie Lee.

• Like 2

I watch a lot of wrestling with Princess Sandra, so it is no surprise that last night, right before bed I made a request...

Me: Sandy, I don't need no handshake. What I need right now is a hug and a kiss to seal the deal!

Sandy raps her arms around my neck and kisses me on the cheek and literally lays down and falls asleep in 2 minutes. Leave it to Dusty Rhodesto help me get my daughter to sleep

James

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’m not the biggest Bobby Heenan fan but he was brilliant in that Rumble match. The work he put in there was up there with any dang broadway match that any wrestler was ever in. He was yelling a mile a minute the whole time. I don’t know if it was a coincidence or if he was that good of an actor but the way he lost his voice as soon as it was over was perfect.

I’m all over the rest of this later. Tons of good stuff in here that I either haven’t seen or haven’t seen in forever. 

https://youtu.be/CyIJueQoGDI

Here’s a pick from me from a period that had a ton of funny stuff imo. I haven’t been able to find much more of it but I also remember the Francine/giant sub sandwich skit, the CW Anderson Mad Lib type promo,  and Missy Hyatt/Jack Victory confrontation (ugh...so cringy but just as brilliant) and more.

• Like 2

Happy belated birthday Naitch!

Not sure what's better: Jay's giant smile as he knows this is his star turn, or half of Flair's crew turning their backs on the segment because they're clearly losing their shit for it all.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...