DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Krusty.gif - 1/25/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I will say this: If you could pull off a move where you basically make your opponent do a split-leg moonsault into a faceplant on the mat, that would not be a bad spot.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The guy on the WON who does the recap really does seem to watch a different show than everyone else. This isn't the first time his version of events is different than everyone else

It explains why I was so confused this morning when everyone was talking about Charlotte stiffing Shayna

The WON recap is unreadable. Actually, that does beg the question of where are good written recaps of Raw and SD. The Post guys do an amazing job on audio of course but every written recap I stumble across is trash. Really makes me miss Larry Csonka more. 

• Like 1

Ugh - double post. 

Anyway - that ending segment was probably worse than anything WCW ever did. I know that's usually hyperbole but I really think it might be. 

Edge winning the Rumble and going against Drew or Roman is honestly about the most interesting match around one of the few matches that I don't think would get screwed up with booking. 

Edited by Hagan

I read what happened on Raw and this all reads like Vince playing out his fantasies of being a movie maker. I mean, it feels like we're incredibly close to Kane returning with a 20 inch penis or whatever the fuck he was supposed to have in See No Evil. And honestly, at this point, why not. I saw someone make the comparison to Hustle and Hustle at least had some charm to it. This just reads like a complete mess.

• Like 1

Nia is terrible anyway, botches the most and looks clumsy.

The ratings went down from last week but up for the last hour. The demos are still ok. Finished 1,2,4 on cable.

Edited by D.Z

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The guy on the WON who does the recap really does seem to watch a different show than everyone else. This isn't the first time his version of events is different than everyone else

This was a mess. Charlotte and Baszler were outside the ring. As Charlotte stared at Evans and Jax, Baszler shoved her into the side of the ring and then into the ring, but Baszler didn’t get back in the ring in time and the ref counted her out. Everyone stood around looking very confused. It definitely felt like somebody screwed up. 

It explains why I was so confused this morning when everyone was talking about Charlotte stiffing Shayna

That is actually an accurate summary of what happened if you did not catch how stiff the knee was. I'd have described it the same way and only when I got online later and saw the gif of the knee did I go "oh, so that's what was going on there".

That said in general all of the Observer write-ups are bad.

Shayna would probably top three of all the wrestlers on the roster I would 1. Not stiff and 2. Not dump out of the ring like a full bag of trash. The other two are probably Asuka and... I dunno. Who's rumored to be a real toughguy anymore?

EDIT: I forgot about Riddle but fuck Riddle

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Shayna would probably top three of all the wrestlers on the roster I would 1. Not stiff and 2. Not dump out of the ring like a full bag of trash. The other two are probably Asuka and... I dunno. Who's rumored to be a real toughguy anymore?

EDIT: I forgot about Riddle but fuck Riddle

Brock Lesnar, Shayna Baszler, Shinsuke Nakamura, Bobby Lashley, Daniel Bryan, Asuka and Fuck Riddle are the names that jump out at me.

Edited by The Natural

I've watched a lot of DDT so I've seen ladders win title matches and Poison Sawada JULIE involved in an injury angle where he was turned into stone.

The supernatural events of Alexa and Asuka didn't really faze me.