DVDVR Message Board

Raw is Krusty.gif - 1/25/2021

Dolfan in NYC

A bloated roster of talented guys that aren't being used, and Edge/Goldberg for the title is a potential Wrestlemania main event. Woof.

I was digging Charlotte/Shayna before all the other people got added in.

With no live audience they can throw whatever they want out there and don't have to worry about people shitting on it. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself to explain why someone thought that final segment was anything close to a good idea.

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 2

Best part of Raw was Shelton walking out still wearing his mask, realizing he was wearing his mask, muttering "shit!" as he quickly removed his mask on-camera, and then trying not to break with Cedric as they walked down to the ring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

28 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Shapeshifting Alexa is... something, I'll give them that. 

25 minutes ago, sabremike said:

This shit makes Titanes en el Ring look like Bill Watts Mid South Wrestling in terms of logic and believability.

EDIT: I was gonna be an ass but instead of basically repeating what I said last week I'll just say the Peacock news further reinforces my point. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peck said:

Best part of Raw was Shelton walking out still wearing his mask, realizing he was wearing his mask, muttering "shit!" as he quickly removed his mask on-camera, and then trying not to break with Cedric as they walked down to the ring.

Michael Tarver should probably expect to be chewed out by Vince in the morning.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Alexa morphed into the Fiendess and was impervious to any offense (including a knee right to the jaw) why would an RKO take her out? Did Randy cause her to lose her superpowers like in Mario Brothers where you get shrunk if you run into a goomba or something 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, sabremike said:

If Alexa morphed into the Fiendess and was impervious to any offense (including a knee right to the jaw) why would an RKO take her out? Did Randy cause her to lose her superpowers like in Mario Brothers where you get shrunk if you run into a goomba or something 

You've put more thought into it than WWE has. Great description BTW. Thanks.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

Charlotte/Shayna was going well before it was interrupted. The tag match was perfectly solid until the ref turned dumbass and counted them out way too fast. The restart was fine, but the flow was already killed by that dumb count out. 

The Hurt Business segment was fine. Skipped the stuff with Riddle.

Missed the beginning of the backstage segment with Charlotte, Lacey, & Ric. What I saw was fine, but I just really don't want to see Ric on tv at this stage. He just feels unnecessary.

Didn't really pay much attention to Xavier/Slapjack, but I dug Ali on the mic.

Got no interest in Edge being in the Rumble or returning in general at this point.

Asuka/Alexa was a perfectly solid match until the supernatural bs ramped up at the end. This along with the Orton feud just doesn't work for me. It feels so dumb and is hurting Asuka. She really didn't need to be involved in this crap.

Edited by Eivion

Surely Charlotte knew she had hit Shayna too hard? The she just fucking drops her to the floor like that?

Not the first time she's hurt someone and then given zero fucks afterwards.

Someone with her background in the business should know better and should absolutely be held to a higher standard of in ring safety.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

Surely Charlotte knew she had hit Shayna too hard? The she just fucking drops her to the floor like that?

Someone with her background in the business should know better and should absolutely be held to a higher standard of in ring safety.

In full agreement, @L_W_P. The most infamous example was Kabuki Warriors vs. Charlotte Flair/Becky Lynch in a TLC match at TLC 2019. Everyone except Charlotte could see Kairi Sane was fucked. Charlotte slapped Kairi for botching a spot and putting her through a table when she was dead weight. Really soured me on Charlotte Flair. Even now.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I just saw the opening segment and forgetting about the Goldberg part I really like that Drew had a couple minutes to just be real when talking about COVID.  It reminded me of when he won the title at WM where he found a corner camera and was talking directly to people at home.  Just something genuine that you feel when he does that that makes me like him a lot.  Which also kind of bums me out because he deserves to have a chance as champ with a crowd to play off of and not video screens.  I get why some would blame him for ratings but hopefully once there's some semblance of normal he has another go at it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

• Like 1

The guy on the WON who does the recap really does seem to watch a different show than everyone else. This isn't the first time his version of events is different than everyone else

This was a mess. Charlotte and Baszler were outside the ring. As Charlotte stared at Evans and Jax, Baszler shoved her into the side of the ring and then into the ring, but Baszler didn’t get back in the ring in time and the ref counted her out. Everyone stood around looking very confused. It definitely felt like somebody screwed up. 

It explains why I was so confused this morning when everyone was talking about Charlotte stiffing Shayna