DVDVR Message Board

Just You and Me, Punk Rock Girl - SDL - 1/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Charlotte/Asuka vs. Riott Squad was ok. The backstage stuff with Billie afterwards was good. Billie has been such a good character since heading to Smackdown. I actually felt sorry for her when she got dropped by Ruby & Liv.

Sasha vs. Reginald was fun while it lasted. I totally want to see Reginald wrestle for the CW title at some point.

The obstacle course with Bayley & Bianca was another fun segment. Loved Bianca carrying Otis with so much ease while Bayley struggled with Gable.

Not sure where they are goign with Street Profits. Sonya was actually being pretty reasonable about why she didn't want the Profits to challenge again so soon. On the other hand I struggle to think of any other tag teams on Smackdown who could challenge outside of maybe Nakamura/Cesaro.

The segments with Roman, Paul, and Peirce were solid though the ending was kind of predictable and did little for me. I kind of wish they just let Roman beat Peirce's ass.

2 minutes ago, killsteve said:

Anyone know what the background for this Reginald guy is? Is he a wrestler or an athlete from another sport?

Cirque de Soleil. He was signed sometime last year I think, went under the name Akeem Young before being called up to Smackdown for this.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So was there anything worth watching on this? I turned it off when they teased Cesaro/Bryan and Dolph fucking Ziggler walked out instead.

It was ok.  Not a lot worth going out of your way to see, imo, but nothing terrible.

The Cesaro-Dolph match was ok, but I can't get too excited since this probably ends up going the way of Cesaro's other pushes.  Also wish they didn't have one of the tag team champions coming out to do a clean job, especially since the match was heel vs. heel.  

The Sasha-Reginald "match" was interesting.  Could have been fun, if they'd let Reginald get in some offense, but I never expected that to happen for obvious reasons.  No idea if they'l translate to wrestling but Reginald has some impressive acrobatic skills.

Thought the obstacle course was a waste of time, but Belair did look impressive carrying Otis on her shoulders.

High point for me was the absurd visual of Paul Heyman taping up his fists while strutting to the ring in his suit.