DVDVR Message Board

2021 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

hammerva

27 minutes ago, piranesi said:

If we're entering the era of the hype speech commercials I will pray for the shark from Deep Blue Sea to arrive and end us.

I can't see this reference without immediately thinking of the Samuel Jackson Beer commercial from Chappelle's Show.

"Deep Blue Sea!? They ate me! The f***in' shark ate me!"

On 9/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Someone needs to find the whole segment.   Please.

EDIT -- Found it!  

Robert Flores looks like he wants to choke OC. Amazing. 

Amazing

Edited by Brian Fowler

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I stopped listening around the time Bob left and they reshuffled the lineup, even though I should have liked the Blair/Brunt/Deitsch comb8nation (2 former pod guests). 

From what I understand, Deitsch is no longer at 590 too, which sucks. 

Edit: they're also stopping doing sports updates. WTF?

Edited by Infinit

It always was an odd decision. In theory, having PTS with Brunt and Dietsch as rotating Co hosts makes a smart show on paper. But it never seemed to work that way. Plus, Bob had begun to either not care as much or grew tired of Rogers BS, so the show wasn't as good as it could be. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
5 hours ago, supremebve said:

Katie Nolan is gone from ESPN.  I'd be willing to bet that she's on Meadowlark Media by the end of the week, and quite frankly I think its a perfect fit.  

Whoever hires Katie Nolan next should also hire Ashley Braband, give them a podcast again, and let them run wild. That's all I want. Once ESPN fired Ashley, it was all downhill for Katie.

2 minutes ago, dogwelder said:

So if you're wondering why Sage Steele isn't on SportsCenter this week:

I also heard that she contracted COVID.  Both Rachel Nichols and Maria Taylor have to be side eyeing the shit out of her every time she pops up on TV, right? 

Not listed in the above clips was Steele saying that women deserved "the gross comments" they got because of the way they dress.

So also bitched in general about ESPN mandating vaccines

Besides being suspended for a week - apparently ESPN yanked her from the upcoming "Women and Sports" Summit

Many folks believe she is trying to get ESPN to fire her so she can run over to FOX

17 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Somewhere Clay Travis and Jason Whitlock are licking their lips just waiting to exploit her.  At this point she should just change her name to Candace

I would say that the show that these three would do is on a never ending loop in hell... but even Satan isn't that evil. 

• Like 1

Most of the time I can at least sort of comprehend the thought process behind stuff people like Steele say, no matter how much I disagree or think it's stupid.  The Obama's dad comment just leaves me scratching my head.  

Not gonna lie, the "nurse thought I was Candace" joke made me chuckle a bit.

Edited by Tabe

Bomani Jones is apparently on his way out from ESPN and will be making an announcement about what he's doing later today.  Sharp money seems to be on him joining Lebatard's venture given their history.

16 minutes ago, supremebve said:

ESPN has made an obvious decision against talent. I don't mean individual talents,  but talent as a concept. They have no use for people who stand out in any way, unless their name is Stephen A. Smith. 

Very WWE-esque

• Like 2

So it turns out Jones is staying with ESPN but also doing an Adam McKay-produced weekly show for HBO.

Was hoping he'd head to Meadowlark but this sounds like a good setup for him.