DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 1/20/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Comorotto vs Moxley was a good little match. Considering it was basically a jobber squash, it did a lot to put Nick over. Even mentioning that it was basically an open challenge and he was the only person who wanted to take it.

• Like 4

The main event was the right combination of comedy and decent wrestling, save Jericho almost Hayabusaing himself.

It might just be me never caring much for Being The Elite, but the Bucks/Omega/Callis bit seemed like something out of WWE. I just don't find that whole angle funny at all.

Moxley/Comorotto was good. Comorotto has been impressive on Dark so far and he's got a future in the company.

I don't dislike Private Party but they've kind of plateaued. The angle with Matt might help them. Top Flight on the other hand looked very good even if there were some rough patches in the match.

I hope they didn't spend too much money on Sting and that the "multi year contract" was just part of the storyline.

• Like 2

Man, yeah time for Jericho to take FTRs advice: no flips, just fists. I immediately thought of Hayabusa. Other than that near miss, the main event was probably my favorite match of the night.

Also: Nick Camorato vs Mox!! Hell yeah man. I was just saying in the Dark thread how I loved that dude. Hope he gets more shots on the main show in due time.

Continuing to love Kenny and Gallows/Anderson as the NWO, and I have to say, I'm really, really enjoying Don Callis. He is quickly becoming a talker on the level of Paul E when the Brock stuff was still really fresh

• Like 3

I really liked tonight's episode. Chaos Project are such geeks, but Luther rightly took the bump into the cake, the entire wholesomeness of doing a birthday celebration for Lil Brodie was great and sweet, the match itself wasn't half bad, and I was happy they went with Hangman being in a group didn't go well the last time and he's afraid of doing it again.

Regarding the stuff with Hangman, I think I would still like to see the DO try to recruit Hangman, make some headway there, but then the Young Bucks turn to Page for help with Cody and the Good Brothers. Page agrees to help, they win, and the Bucks are like, "we're a family again." And then Hangman is like, "look, I'm glad we're friends again, we'll always be friends, but I think I have a new family now and it's with the Dark Order." The Bucks understand, they all hug, and then Hangman rides off with the Dark Order.

The Darby, Sting, and Team Taz stuff is wearing thin on me too. They've dragged out the Sting stuff too much, Taz is always threatening shit without doing shit, Sting looks like a fucking giant next to Darby, and while Sting looks like he's in great shape...HOLY SHIT HE'S GOT A HUGE OLD MAN TURKEY GOBBLER NECK WTFFFFFFFF. That gave me more of a "fuck, Sting is old" feeling than seeing his balding head against HHH.

Cody and Peter Avalon was whatever. Cody is making too big of a mistake by trying to be a muscle freak. Rarely does that work out well for dudes who start blowing up. I did enjoy the finish of Peter tapping out so he didn't get slapped in the face.

Dudes, dudes, dudes...Mox vs fucking Ogre was the shit. NEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRDS. Ogre has got some moves y'all. Renee clearly isn't in the mood to shave Mox's back during her pregnancy and Mox clearly doesn't give a shit about looking like Sully from Monsters Inc. so he was nearly as hairy as Ogre was. I approve of it. Mox looked super good too and that promo was fire.

Please just put Hirsch with Team Taz. Chuck saying that Miro was his best friend was sad. I love all of these fucking storylines. They're all played so well by everybody. I'm looking forward to Chuck and OC ending Miro.

I remember little from the 6 man tag with Private Party and Matt Hardy, but I did like the cheating 2 win. Good little heel turn complete for those guys.

Jungle Boy cut a pretty good promo and looks like a big strong boy next to FTR. Looking forward to Jungle Boy vs Hardwood. Hopefully Perry wins.

Main event was pretty good. MJF is the absolute best heel ever. I fucking hate him, but I like to watch him work. I audibly said "of fuck off" when he pinned Sammy. Sammy continues looking like a total future star, Proud and Powerful need a tag title run soon, Jake continues to be good at this pro wrestling thing, Jericho spiking himself on the Lionsault was long overdue, and I wanted Sammy to win so bad.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Main event was pretty good. MJF is the absolute best heel ever. I fucking hate him, but I like to watch him work. I audibly said "of fuck off" when he pinned Sammy. Sammy continues looking like a total future star, Proud and Powerful need a tag title run soon, Jake continues to be good at this pro wrestling thing, Jericho spiking himself on the Lionsault was long overdue, and I wanted Sammy to win so bad.

I really hope at some point when it makes sense they put the big belt on MJF and he doesn't win a single match clean for like an entire year. When he finally gets beat the fuckin roof is going to come off the place.

• Like 4

That oil painting. That damn oil painting.

Nakazawa is Omega's personal assistant.

Kenny's house has the bare minimum amount of furniture in it.

The Bucks and Callis are always dressed the same like cartoon characters.

• Like 4

Looks like Cody was giving himself a Cross Rhodes.

I missed the painting. Those pants are riding so low that might as well have been painted by Tom of Finland. 

Sting might want to do a cinematic match but he should probably watch the Broken Skull Session that Taker did because that shit sounded really really hard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've been waiting the last 5-6 years or so for Jericho to damn near become a quadriplegic from his Lionsault. I think the day has come where he just can't consistently be safe doing that anymore. He's 50... and he's not a Hamada or Liger 50.

Edited by Wyld Samurai

THAT Lionsault and my thoughts watching it:

Hayabusa. Tragic what happened to him with the paralysis and dying so young.

Curt Hennig saving Chris Jericho:

Jericho has declined, certainly in 2020 to now. He's in rough conditioning.

• Like 1

God bless Brodie Jr and John Silver, all the Dark Order stuff was hilarious. They seem to be continuing this sad cowboy millennial thing with Page, but I think he'd be much better as a guy leading a faction than as this big singles star they think he'll be.

Good grief, this Darby vs Team Taz fued needs to be over already. I love Darby and Taz but it's been 9 months now, let's move both sides on. I'm assuming some sort of cinematic street fight between the sides is up next, that would allow Sting to get more involved physically.

• Like 1

Between Jericho and the Top Flight guy already mentioned and Quen catching his foot on the top rope on way down for the Shooting Star press (which could have ended far worse) it was not a good night for the flippy-do's. I will say though that Darius' tope did look truly suicidal like he was trying to do a number on Hardy, not just give him a slight nudge like Pretty Peter's.

And Santana and Ortiz again are just bit players in the background, can't wait for them to have a featured run after the coming-out party of the brawl last year. At least 'Charles' is in a prominent storyline, albeit as a whipped emasculated servant.

I have to say, Omega's get-up was phenomenal. My late dad had some truly seizure-inducing paisley shirts just like that.   

Enjoyed Hirsch/Ford and Mox/Comoroto (having been just introduced to him last night on Dark or the first time) the most out of all the matches tonight.

That main they announced for Beach Blast in a couple of weeks should be a riot too, depending on the level of shenanigans involved. 

• Like 1

Still sad after the opening segment. Dark Order need to give the Hangman some "chicken soup for the soul" or something to let him know he's still worthy of love. Really glad they went with sad Dark Order rather than going for a beat down or something for saying no. Page really conveys the self doubt so well, it's not the most serious storyline but the boy has some acting skills. 

• Like 4

The best conclusion to the series of promos degrading TNA is if all your favourite semi recognisable TNA roster members invade AEW with Omega and Good Brothers, only to be chased off by the army of Dark Order Creepers, with the show ending with Evil Uno declining his seat on the creeper throne and offering it to Hangman who accepts and drinks whiskey from it as the show ends and the Impact guys make angry faces.

• Like 1