DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 1/20/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Imperium vs. Lucha House Party was nice. Wonder if that ending with Wolfe was him joining Aichner & Barthel in main NXT or picking the two up tot take back to NXT UK.

Escobar's promo and segment was neat. Really wish he would go for other belts while being CW champ. First time I saw Stallion was today when watching last week's 205Live. His Dusty cup match against Drake & Dain was good, but that was pretty much on Drake and Dain. Kind of hope Escobar squashes him next week.

Reed/Rust was solid stuff as expected. 

Kacy/Kayden vs. Toni/Mercedes was nice. Kacy's finisher is cool. Had a feeling Kacy & Kayden would take the win. Its nice to see the two getting something of a push in the tournament. Wouldn't mind seeing them in the finals though I have trouble seeing them make it past Raquel/Kai if only because I can't see a face vs. face finals with Kacy/Kayden vs. Shotzi/Ember, and Indi is a little too average to being putting in the finals.

Fight Pit was fun, but it also need blood. I get why they only allow accidental hard way, but as a result these matches will almost always miss out on hitting that next level. The finish wasn't bad though it really felt like things should have ended with Ciampa's DDT into the cage before the Fairytale Ending.

This was a really solid show all together. LHP and Imperium had a great outing telling a nice story of the technically proficient traditional team being unsure with how to mount a game plan against a fast and unpredictable team of flyers. I'm definitely looking forward to next week's match between LHP and and Legado. It's too bad Kalisto isn't still in the team to have a six man, but Curt Stallion is a good hand.

Kayden Carter looked especially good in the women's match and she and Kacey gelled well together. Kacye's skytwister press variant was something else.

The Fight Pit match was just what it needed to be but would have been better served on a Takeover.

I thought the Fight Pit was a bit disappointing, but at least it didn't get lost in the shuffle of a special.

I'm torn between thinking Karrion Kross is trying to actually be a heel now and actually just concluding that the act is getting stale already. I really like the midcard of NXT now but I find the main event scene of Kross, Balor, UE and Pat McAfee's orphans to be dull af.

I feel Thatcher may eventually take Kross in the Fight Pit, but that could be a long way off.

• Like 1

So it is established that Fight Pit is definitely Thatcher's match! I'm glad he's winning something!

Speaking of which : Kacy WINS! Yes! I don't know if I'll call that finisher "FU Ricochet" or "Eat shit Stacy Keibler Jr" but it will be one or the other (and yeah , I know it's Erwin, but that's what I've been calling him since I heard his name).

Dunne isn't much of a promo, but he got the point across and you can bet I'll be all over that match, when it happens ! 

I felt very conflicted as far who to root for during Bronson Reed vs Tyler Rust , but when Rust lost I felt disappointed , so I guess I got my answer ! 

Edited by Shartnado
added more comments

Watched the Fight Pit. I didn't have a problem with the DDT over the ref (looked like Ciampa taking advantage) or the leg wedged in the corner (looked like a simple but fatal mistake), I didn't like opening up on the top. That shit is stupid. One of these has to be heated enough to have both guys just jump off the top and get to it. Starting at the top with no bump off the top, especially, makes the top pointless. Otherwise a good match. 

If I was Thatcher I would have bladed and went and argued with Vince though ?

• Like 1