DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Hollow Man - 1/18/2021

Dolfan in NYC

10 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/ncjiuSmJ9Rvy5mbKma/200.gif

yes, every time it happens to a new team I get salty all over again

especially when it's as egregious a case as The Hurt Business, for all the reasons you just mentioned

Cheers mate.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Some people here did warn that the Boneyard Match would be as good as it gets and they'd die trying to recapture that one time magic.  

I was one of them. Less is more. Make it meaningful.

We are not there yet but rapidly approaching the booking of the Fiend being the most disastrous creative decision in WWE history. How many babyfaces are going to be killed because of this character and his Fiend-verse being over-pushed? The only person to survive a feud with The Fiend (and now Fiendette) is Goldberg and that's because he just squashed the dude.  

• Like 1

Nikki Cross, with her natural aura of likeability, as the embattled hero fighting to rescue her friend from a cult with a determination that refuses to die no matter how much she's overmatched by the odds is just about the oldest, simplest story you could tell and they could make a fuckin' superstar out of her by having her ultimately triumph

But no, "she talks funny" or whatever so she's completely absent from TV, looking like the biggest punk bitch since Test got betrayed by Stephanie & cucked by Triple H and his response was "welp, guess I'll go win the Hardcore Title now"

Even Cross failing to pull her friend out and falling in herself, while disappointing, would at least be a poignant & gripping tragedy to tell (and we'd get a BlissCross reunion with the new wrinkle of them being heels which would also be cool)

• Like 3

On 1/19/2021 at 12:14 PM, The Natural said:

Goes without saying but it's beyond stupid WWE breaking up the Hurt Business. One of the few things worth watching in WWE giving every member a much needed direction, a purpose. Stop breaking up tag teams and stables that are worth something, and have something to go for. Dumb fucks.

I hope Cedric keeps his momentum at least. Remember he was getting pushed when Heyman first became head booker of RAW. 

No shock at Ricochet kill it on RAW after being regulated to the C Show almost exclusively. Hope he doesn't get thrown to the waste side. 

The biggest issue with all these breakups lately is they don't lead to anything. Usually atleast one of the people involved get a push of some sort or an initial feud. The only split that lead to something was Sasha and Bayley. There have been so many pointless breakups in the past 9 months or so, it doesn't make sense. The Women pushed hard for a tag division and they needed one but they literally put 2 top Women together for no reason and put the belts on them until the next Super team comes along. The men's tag divisions atleast have enough real teams

• Like 2

I don't think The Fiend and his surroundings are entirely to blame.  Sure, some of this stuff has sucked but I've enjoyed a lot of it too.   There was no reason for Asuka or Goldberg to be involved in this shit.  Orton fine..  he fits..  his character fits.   Braun okay fine,  same.   But when you have Goldberg squashing The Fiend and then trying to forget it happened or Bliss squashing Asuka in a non-title match...   that's trash. 

• Like 2

Alexa Bliss has always had supernatural healing powers or been nigh invincible. She missed no time after having her ass kicked and her arm broken in 30 seconds of actual match time by Ronda Rousey at Summerslam a few years ago. Only to come back a month later and control 14 minutes of a 17-minute match. It didn't matter how cool it looked for Alexa to use her double-jointedness in selling the armbar, because she didn't even go away for a couple of weeks to sell the beating. Going back to Bray's original cult leader recruiting practices, (but not necessarily his current incarnation) Nikki Cross seems more like the type of wayward, disturbed soul he might have taken under his wing. Giving Bliss supernatural invincibility bullshit powers is as ridiculous as if Miz suddenly came down with some such nonsense.