DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 1/13/2021

Dolfan in NYC

I can already imagine the shit JR will say about Chuck's body and what people on here will say. I saw a clip of Chuck's match with Ricochet from PWG that made me go back and watch that match. Fuck the haters and naysayers.

• Like 4

It sucks that Thunder Rosa supposedly came into contact with a COVID positive person, so we don't get Rosa/Baker tonight - but a nice consolation prize is the Dynamite debut of the Waiting Room. I'm sure Britt will rip on Cody, much to the delight of many on here.

I'm housesitting tonight for my parents, I've got a six pack, and this'll be the first time in months that I've watched Dynamite live. I'm looking forward to it.

PAC/Kingston is going to fucking rule.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I can already imagine the shit JR will say about Chuck's body and what people on here will say. I saw a clip of Chuck's match with Ricochet from PWG that made me go back and watch that match. Fuck the haters and naysayers.

Now you've gone and reminded me of that Best Friends vs ZSJ/Scurll program, which was so great.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 3

38 minutes ago, Craig H said:

And although it's going to bum me out when Chuck loses, at least he'll hopefully get more air time.

Jesus, he's going to bump like crazy for Miro.

Alvarez had a fun angle idea where he loses, then uses his time as Miro's young boy to get inside info of Kip & Penelope's wedding so the Best Friends can sabotage it.

• Like 4

Yeah, looks like a really solid line up. Most excited for PAC/Kingston. Darby Allin is going to do something very inadvisable, that should be fun. Kind of hoping this is the end of Team Taz running away from Sting but I assume there's some form of tag match in the future. How far away is Revolution? 6 weeks? Dare they keep it going that long?

That might've been one of the most entertaining shows they've pulled off. And yes, he is one crazy motherfucker. 

JR starting the show off with "It's Wednesday, and you know what time that is!" cracked me up. So did Eddie pushing back at PAC from his knees like a school kid that won't give up the fight, and getting Popeye face then looking directly at the camera and coming out of it. Such great selling all through that match. I just wish he'd win sometime. 

Johnny Spotlight or whatever his name was got the shit kicked out of him pretty good. 

The Baker segment was ridiculous. I guess Reba's the new Tony Atlas. 

Should probably watch this back because I didn't pay full attention to all of it, but nothing I saw actively sucked.

• Like 2

The Bucks/Good Brothers swerve is a great example that “predictable” doesn’t have to equal “bad.” They hinted at it, without making it extremely obvious, but the delivery by Callis and the commentators made it feel organic.

Tay Conti has room to grow but man it’s night and day from her NXT run to now, much improved.

Forgot about TK starting to license tunes until Jurassic Express came out. Props to that, music licensing is STUPID expensive.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

JR starting the show off with "It's Wednesday, and you know what time that is!" cracked me up.

I at first thought he would say it maybe just once after the tribute show. But if he's still saying it then that indicates it's gonna be a regular thing which I'm very happy to hear. 

And the show was really, really great.  The Elite story had me absolutely glued the whole time and the matches delivered. Can't ask for much more on a Wednesday night. 

• Like 3

Pretty much everything hit. Awesome episode with great matches to bookend some really good angles. Darby vs. Big dudes is one of my favourite things in wrestling. This wasn't quite the Walter classic but it was perhaps Cage's best match I've seen and I like him. Kingston vs Pac was an ideal opener because it brought the intensity and selling/psychology without emptying the chamber and leaving the rest of the show something to offer and it didn't feel like a feud ender either. Pac should bear Kingston in a straight singles match. 

Oh and Cody got got and that slap exchange was money. 

Edited by Jiji

Pretty underwhelming show.

Every match going through picture and picture is a little tedious.

Omega and the Good Brothers versus the jobbers went on way too long.

FTR versus Jungle Boy and Marko Stunt definitely didn’t need a commercial break. Stunt should not be  wrestling on national tv, it’s embarrassing and I don’t know if I could come up with a way to make them look worse.

I enjoyed Darby getting rag dolled with  those nasty bumps but the finish was pretty lame.

• Like 1

Man, Pac/King was such a good, strong match.  Love how nasty and aggressive Pac has been, even though he’s ostensibly the face in all this (though still entering from the heel ramp!), and nobody goes out on his shield like King.

• Like 5

I loved Serena/Tay, thought both looked great there. Always dig just seeing Serena in the spot she's in now. Tarzan Boy is the best theme, already adds to the Jurassic Express. the Elite post-match chaos was fun. Big Money Matt is amusing. Laughed at the "Sammy/Hagar" bit with the Inner Circle. I personally enjoyed the Hager/Jericho team as the team going after the titles initially rather than Jericho/MJF. Liking the build for Britt/Rosa. Cage/Darby was pretty cool with some killer bumps and a good amount of blood. Didn't think Darby would lose his first defense but they did a good job with near falls throughout. 

• Like 1

I thought Chuck/Miro was pretty smartly laid out.  Chuck got all of his offense after jumping Miro from behind and using environmental hazards outside of the ring, but the moment Miro was able to get a moment to regather himself in the ring, it was over pretty emphatically.

Now we’ll see if finally, maybe this story will ever go anywhere.

• Haha 1

Man, I really enjoyed tonight's episode. Super, super fun. Great opener between Pac and Eddie. Thought Chuck vs Miro was good enough and Miro looks like such a badass. Popped pretty big for the Dark Order segment. Smart of them to start using them like their BTE selves. The swerve with the Good Brothers was so obvious, but still well worked. I like that the fans started chanting for the Young Bucks before Callis called out the Good Brothers. The Inner Circle fights among themselves, just fucking about and playing no role with the rest of the roster is getting pretty tired. Fucking really dug that main event. Popped big every time Darby flipped off Cage or kicked out at one. Kinda sucked that Cage didn't kick out at 3 on that one move near the corner. Stuff like that bugs me, but the finish was still good and felt like a big win for Darby.

14 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

I loved Serena/Tay, thought both looked great there. Always dig just seeing Serena in the spot she's in now. Tarzan Boy is the best theme, already adds to the Jurassic Express. the Elite post-match chaos was fun. Big Money Matt is amusing. Laughed at the "Sammy/Hagar" bit with the Inner Circle. I personally enjoyed the Hager/Jericho team as the team going after the titles initially rather than Jericho/MJF. Liking the build for Britt/Rosa. Cage/Darby was pretty cool with some killer bumps and a good amount of blood. Didn't think Darby would lose his first defense but they did a good job with near falls throughout. 

Tay's offense looks really unique and distinctive.   I thought they might pull the trigger on her tonight, and would have been happy if they did.  Becoming a fan of hers rapidly.  Anna and Tay are going to be a big part of AEW's future.

• Like 3

So Danny Limelight is really good. Anyone not seeing the value in Marko Stunt now has to be indulging in some sort of ideological myopia. And Fite.tv screwed us buy not showing any Wrestling during picture in pitcher.

Also someone called Chuck Taylor "Diet Bradshaw" and I laughed.

• Like 3