DVDVR Message Board

2021 Discussion about Wrestling Podcasts

RIPPA

just wait until Bix does a guest spot on Terry Taylor's podcast.

Also, Beau's talk about how Bill Dundee made himself look larger while a heel and smaller while a face was certainly an interesting explanation of things. Although I wonder how much of Abdullah The Butcher treating Beau right also involves Beau being the promoter that's paying Abby (maybe that wasn't the case every time, idk)

• Like 1

Arn's podcast kind of devolved back into a 'Conrad reads results' show but they play his promos so it's like a JCP Arn promo compilation.  And sometimes you get something like, "I clearly misspoke there, I meant to say I was imbued not inbred."

Jarrett's show is very good.  It makes sense that someone that's survived politically like him would understand how to thread the needle just right to indulge Conrad in his usual podcast bullshit while still being able to produce something of value.

Angle's is surprisingly good too.  The John du Pont episode is amazing cause I didn't know anything about him other than killing Dave Schultz (not Dr. D).  The stuff he was doing was hilarious until he started pointing guns at people.  "Back then we didn't know about mental health, you were either crazy or you weren't."  John du Pont was crazy.

I think just watching the actual JCP shows is a better use of time than bothering with Schiavone's podcast about them.

On 10/8/2021 at 7:59 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Someone needs to pay him to call out Dave Chappelle.

Hey, @Craig H I did a drunk Cameo request and forgot to go into detail about what Dave said.  But I think he covered it pretty well.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5

I'm not sure if it's sad to say or not, but Gage seems like the rare example of someone who was in the system and then made it out a better person and maybe as a better person through pro wrestling.

EDIT: And I guess the sad part is that he's staying out of trouble by basically destroying his body.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 3

All of you need to watch the Stories with Brisco and Bradshaw with Bix. It's fucking tremendous. The audio isn't, but the story is. The INS was trying to deport Pat Patterson in the 60's and Bix uncovered the story. Oh, and Gerry Brisco finally explains what actually happened when Vince bought " Georgia " on TBS.

17 hours ago, Craig H said:

I'm not sure if it's sad to say or not, but Gage seems like the rare example of someone who was in the system and then made it out a better person and maybe as a better person through pro wrestling.

EDIT: And I guess the sad part is that he's staying out of trouble by basically destroying his body.

Him and MVP

3 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

JBL specifically naming the Between the Sheets podcast to introduce Bix is some fucking surreal stuff

I managed to get 9 months behind in the Between the Sheets podcast somehow but I recently started running through episodes last week. 

1 minute ago, Ziggy said:

I managed to get 9 months behind in the Between the Sheets podcast somehow but I recently started running through episodes last week. 

When you work 12 hours overnight, BTS is a great way to get through a slow night. 

• Like 1

You know what's not a good wrestling podcast? Tights and Fights from Maximum Fun.  I loooove the Max Fun network, but I've never been able to finish an episode of that show.

I know that's not a productive post, but I had to get it off my chest. It's actively frustrating that two of my interests line up and I can't enjoy it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

You know what's not a good wrestling podcast? Tights and Fights from Maximum Fun.  I loooove the Max Fun network, but I've never been able to finish an episode of that show.

I know that's not a productive post, but I had to get it off my chest. It's actively frustrating that two of my interests line up and I can't enjoy it.

I've only heard ads for it on Greatest Generation but I've never listened. 

29 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I've only heard ads for it on Greatest Generation but I've never listened. 

Well, to give you some insight, on the most recent episode they said Punk vs. Fish was AEW at its worst because they were both 'old'. And they seemed to confuse selling with being blown up.

That was when I gave up and came here to complain. ?

I used to like Tights & Fights but it started to grate on me, especially Hal Lublin - just can't stand that guy's voice. It's a bummer because I don't really like the really technical, old school guys telling stories and slapping their knees and really getting into the weeds kind of wrestling podcasts. 

• Like 1

Masha Slamovich speaks even more!  Her toughest opponent was La Rosa Negra.  Considering who she has wrestled this year, that was a little surprising but not really.

For those wondering, it was about “injury pay” when guys were out of action. 

‘this led to the interesting fact that the JCP got group insurance to cover non wrestling injuries/illnesses, which guys had all the way up to the TBS sale. 

• Like 2