DVDVR Message Board

2021 Discussion about Wrestling Podcasts

RIPPA

The Steve Keirn episode of Way of the Blade, you've absolutely got to listen to. The Jonathan Boyd story at the end is maybe the craziest wrestling story I've ever heard. Steve might be able to tell a story but I believe everything he says. The stuff about his dad is jaw-dropping too. Just... wow. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I noticed today that The New Day pod is part of the Ringer network. Is that new? 

Depends on what you consider new - since the WWE/Ringer Network was reached in mid-August

At the time of the deal they announced that "Existing WWE audio programming looking at WWE personalities both inside and outside of the ring, will become available exclusively on Spotify." so one would assume that also includes whatever Corey Graves podcast is called.

5 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Ruby Soho on Jericho this week.  She is adorable as you can imagine.  

???ALERT???

Vince McMahon has jumped decades into his movie viewing habits - he saw the shitty first Suicide Squad and that’s why the Riott Squad became a thing on the main roster. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Casey said:

???ALERT???

Vince McMahon has jumped decades into his movie viewing habits - he saw the shitty first Suicide Squad and that’s why the Riott Squad became a thing on the main roster. 

My mind was blown when she mentioned that.  Even Jericho was like “nah, he must have seen a trailer, there’s no way he’s watched Suicide Squad” 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phil Schneider said:

New pod with Lee Casebolt about Larry Chene vs. Moose Cholak from 5/15/63 in Chicago. We talk about great wrestlers lost to history,  and how Larry Chene might be a sneaky all time great

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/f52c3c63-f668-465f-85c4-39e8432c423b

Bobo Brazil threw such crappy punches against BlackJack Mulligan in the Norfolk Scope when I was a child that I realized that wrestling wasn't legit.  Bobo Brazil might as well have been the one to tell me Santa wasn't real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have fleeting memories of seeing Moose Cholak on Channel 44 out of Chicago in the mid 70s. Downloaded the episode and I'll give it a listen tomorrow. WOTB is the second podcast I've learned about here, the first was The Winter Palace.

• Like 1