DVDVR Message Board

2021 Discussion about Wrestling Podcasts

RIPPA

SCG Radio returns for Part 3B of our series talking 1991 in the WWF! This time, we're continuing our look into July and August by analysing Ric Flair's departure from WCW and impending arrival in the WWF, all the insanity that led to it with Jim Herd, as well as evaluating the lead-up to Flair's exit and aftermath. In addition, we're looking at the undercard build to Summerslam 1991 and talking all about the show itself, featuring Bret Hart's IC Title win over Mr. Perfect, the JAILHOUSE MATCH, Virgil's career peak and a great deal more. A ton of fun looking at the TV and news of the period, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://mcdn.podbean.com/mf/web/tmi66t/SCG_Radio_166_-_The_WWF_In_1991_Part_3B7v8dv.mp3

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Look at the talent, bro.

The-Brand-2020.png

All supastar lineup. Let’s use Rippa’s company card.

Yikes. I'd be interested in listening to both Stevies but other than that no interest in anyone there. 

I know some have checked out Colt's podcast but I'm really loving the Wrestling Anonymous one he's doing now.  Something oddly calming about it that I just love hearing.  This story however was something else and had himself and Kenny at a loss for words.

• Like 2

Dropped a new Way of the Blade with author and book publisher Jon Snowden talking about Nakano vs. Funaki from UWF reborn. Interesting talk about the history of shootstyle and MMA, how much of UFC is fixed, how we ended up putting together the book etc

https://redcircle.com/shows/be34c05b-8483-4797-af55-5ec4bd254611/episodes/a62a51ce-e58f-4d1c-986c-2a85feebdfc9

So, on X-Pac's podcast, Tommy End/ Aleister/ Malakai Black was discussing the Groin Injury he had a few years ago. Kept him out for three months. He was wrestling Tomasso Ciampa, and had a bad landing where he landed sitting on the ringpost, and he (Not Suitable For Even picturing in your mind)

Spoiler

ruptured one of his testicles into 7 different pieces. 

So he finished the match, went backstage and passed out twice. Went to the Hospital and they told him it could either be removed, or they could stitch it back together and he couldn't wrestle for three months.

So he took the three months off.