DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 8

Elsalvajeloco

4 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

So if they are convinced this judge voted against Fox because of racism what was the excuse for the other two judges that apparently aren't getting suspended 

You only need one scapegoat.

39 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Naturally a wrestler + looked aged his last few fights.

But it's Jake Paul tho. Woodley has been tentative to throw but I gotta think he isn't as gun shy against Paul and power is usually the last thing to go. My mind cannot accept Jake Paul beating Tyron Woodley in any combat sport other than SFII. 

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

But it's Jake Paul tho. Woodley has been tentative to throw but I gotta think he isn't as gun shy against Paul and power is usually the last thing to go. My mind cannot accept Jake Paul beating Tyron Woodley in any combat sport other than SFII. 

The thing about Woodley is he usually has 5-6 minutes in him tops. Problem is we're talking about bigger gloves, and a guy who was never too diverse with the combinations he threw. I don't think that highly of Jake Paul as a boxer, but he at least has pretty decent fundamentals.

• Like 2

That's true. I imagine Paul will be tentative early and try to feel his way into the fight, hoping Woodley tires. Only 8 rounds though. And yeah, I've been impressed with Jake Paul's ability to become a decent boxer.

On 8/26/2021 at 7:38 PM, Jiji said:

But it's Jake Paul tho. 

Jake Paul may be a showboating dick, but that crisp jab cannot be slept on.   He's no contender, but he's good enough for the celebrity exhibition stuff that earns him a payday.

Plus Tyron is old and is a wrestler and has probably never had to fight in 12 oz gloves for extended periods of time.

33 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Jake Paul may be a showboating dick, but that crisp jab cannot be slept on.   He's no contender, but he's good enough for the celebrity exhibition stuff that earns him a payday.

Plus Tyron is old and is a wrestler and has probably never had to fight in 12 oz gloves for extended periods of time.

Didn't watch this but the last fights I saw of Woodley's disappointed, he didn't go for it, going through the motions.