DVDVR Message Board

Random Boxing Thoughts/News v. 8

Elsalvajeloco

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Casimero v Rigondeaux is back on.

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

At this point I hope Wilder sparks out Fury to end any slim possibility of Fury v AJ since even if Fury wins, the stalling will continue. I love boxing but mega money and the modern obsession with treating losses like the end of the world have damaged the sport.

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Didn't catch the whole fight but was Charlo/Castaño going to a draw the fishy decision it seemed like from the bits I saw and commentary's reaction? 117-111 Jermell? I'm going to try to catch the whole fight later but Castaño looked like he put it on him for the middle rounds. Buckled him in the third I think?

6 hours ago, Jiji said:

Didn't catch the whole fight but was Charlo/Castaño going to a draw the fishy decision it seemed like from the bits I saw and commentary's reaction? 117-111 Jermell? I'm going to try to catch the whole fight later but Castaño looked like he put it on him for the middle rounds. Buckled him in the third I think?

I started watching around the 7th round, from what I saw and how the announcers were talking, I wasn’t shocked by it being a draw, the Showtime judge might have scored it a draw since he had Castano up a round heading into 12. 117-111 was bad though. 

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

I wouldn't be surprised if both Usyk and Wilder caused upsets. Plus I can see the contract negotiations for Fury v Joshua dragging on and on if they both win...

2 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

I wouldn't be surprised if both Usyk and Wilder caused upsets. Plus I can see the contract negotiations for Fury v Joshua dragging on and on if they both win...

I can see the same. Still fancy Fury and Joshua to win. I'm more confident in Fury winning but that's the thing, confidence. If Fury's overconfident and Wilder has that one shot knockout power. Fury somehow got up in the 12th round in their first fight.

On 7/18/2021 at 7:38 AM, Mister TV said:

I started watching around the 7th round, from what I saw and how the announcers were talking, I wasn’t shocked by it being a draw, the Showtime judge might have scored it a draw since he had Castano up a round heading into 12. 117-111 was bad though. 

Draw was fair since Castano faded in the late rounds and he was in his opponents home state and the B side fighter for the promoter.  There was no justification for a 117-111 score.  I had a hard time giving Charlo 6 rounds for a draw let alone 9

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Leigh Wood just won the secondary WBA featherweight belt but I feel he would get taken apart by the likes of Navarrete, Santa Cruz and Russell jr. Too many belts in boxing!

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

• 2 weeks later...

The tweets. I was just thinking earlier today about how dense people can be about anti-Blackness, do all the mental gymnastics to explain stuff away, etc.. I shouldn't be surprised but in a sport so dominated by Black fighters, you'd think they'd have enough pull to get shits like this out of the sport. They do not. She's married to the fucking power. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jiji said:

This year has been rough on boxing. 

Edit: damn, Ugas doesn't sound like a layup of a last minute replacement. Split decision loss to Porter.

Ugas is a guy that's very hard to look good against. 

• Like 1