DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, ONE, and Fight Pass Thread (Can Crushing Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

Parnasse regains his lightweight title largely on his striking but he did well to survive a standing guillotine attempt in the middle of the fight and even controlled quite a bit of the fight on the ground. Good performance.

Soldic hit Khalidov with such a nice judo throw in the first round I could hear Taz call it the "El Camino, bro." Soldic looked to be too fast and strong for Khalidov. He also kicked Khalidov in the dick. ? Vicious knockout after Khalidov started to recklessly come forward after finding some success with the lead right. Kept throwing it over and over even after Soldic clipped him. Soldic, with his back on the fence, bounced off and threw everything he had into a left hook haymaker while Khalidov leaned into it. Extremely brutal hammer fists to the unconscious vet. Yikes. Soldic is horrifying, man. I still think he could do some serious damage in the UFC. While he's traditionally fought at welterweight in KSW, he moved up to middleweight and looked bigger than Khalidov by quite a bit. Middleweight is pretty bereft of legitimate challengers. I could see him being at #3 or #4 in terms of skill in that division. Only guys I think are legitimately better than him right now are Adesanya and Whittaker. He's got a 72" reach, same as Costa even though Paulo is a couple inches taller, so I don't think size should be a big deal for him. Think it's time for him to make the jump now. He's 26, so he's in his athletic prime, he's still getting better as a fighter, but he's a physical freak and his power is horrifying.

Edit: Video evidence

?

better vid

The sound of that left hook.

Caposa saying Khalidov hadn't been knocked out since his first fight. He's fought 44 times since then.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

Rizin NYE show has some good stuff on it. Semi-finals and finals of the bantamweight GP, plus Souza defends his lightweight title, and Rena in action. Not nearly as exciting as the usual due to talent leaving and the difficulties in bringing over foreign talent, but I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 7:49 PM, Jiji said:

Rizin NYE show has some good stuff on it. Semi-finals and finals of the bantamweight GP, plus Souza defends his lightweight title, and Rena in action. Not nearly as exciting as the usual due to talent leaving and the difficulties in bringing over foreign talent, but I'll give it a go.

I think that I will watch the 5-1/2 hr. Fuji TV version over the 9-1/2 hr. Sky Perfect version. I really miss going to my friends house in Niigata to spend NYE with his family.

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

I saw mention of a NYE fight for Tenshin and wasn't sure what was going on. Lol. 

I'll take it. 

Only because both Tenshin and Takeru are taking fights before their match.  I'd go with the least risky options for both because it would be a shame for that fight to fall through after such a long build. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

finally watched Rizin 33 NYE show this weekend. some really good stuff.

congrats to Hiro, pulling off a double upset, scores a win back over Kai Asakura, and wins the BW GP.

Tenshin/Gomi was way better than i expected.  i guess 2x 3min rounds was a good idea.

Rena losing isn't a total shocker, but i sure didn't expect to see Hamasaki dominated like she was. Seika Izawa will be one to watch.

did Shoma Shibisai throw his fight against Shrek? he looked pretty uninterested to be there, and didn't fight the punches or stoppage at all. 

YouTuber Hikaru Saito clowning around and still beating Yuta Koba by flying armbar was fucking awesome. this is why i love Japanese MMA. 

opening match featured 2 debuts, and Kota Miura looked fantastic. dominated the first round in every aspect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twiztor said:

YouTuber Hikaru Saito clowning around and still beating Yuta Koba by flying armbar was fucking awesome. this is why i love Japanese MMA

That's the one I've seen claims of it being worked. Shrek is love, Shrek is life tho. Really fun show with lots of upsets I'm sure Sakakibara was thrilled to see. Oh well lol.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jiji said:

That's the one I've seen claims of it being worked. Shrek is love, Shrek is life tho. Really fun show with lots of upsets I'm sure Sakakibara was thrilled to see. Oh well lol.

i could believe that too. Koba just seems like such a fake poser that i am for whatever gets him to stop being on my TV.