DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, ONE, and Fight Pass Thread (Can Crushing Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

Holy shit, Soldic vs. Khalidov December 18th! Love a KSW Christmas time show. Saw Parnasse tweet he'd be fighting on that show as well in a rematch against Daniel Torres, who beat Parnasse in January.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sad to see absolutely zero hype for Ryzen 32. Miyuu vs. Rena should be fun and we get the debut of Kitamura and he's fighting a 55yo Nigerian fighter with 4 pro fights. They lost their biggest draw in Tenshin and probably their biggest MMA draw in Horiguchi (though I have a tough time gauging his popularity in Japan... is he more popular than the Asakura brothers?). ?

Are there any big One fights on the horizon? Have I missed anything exceptional or important the last 4-6 months?

edit: JFC

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

They lost their biggest draw in Tenshin and probably their biggest MMA draw in Horiguchi (though I have a tough time gauging his popularity in Japan... is he more popular than the Asakura brothers?). ?

I doubt it. Far from an expert, but people act like the Asakura Bros. are huge on Youtube and I've just believed that. 

One HAD a big show planned for Dec. 5th but postponed due to the Covid situation in Singapore. They had a record high outbreak last month, which for Singapore probably meant like 200 cases. I watch their news station ( Channel News Asia ) from time to time as it's the only one available here at the moment and they do not mess around. Not uncommon to see news of people being arrested / given short sentences or fines for breaching either self-quarantine or mask rules. 

Fwiw, the card had  :

DJ vs. Rodtang in a 2 round muay thai / 2 round mma fight. 

Thanh Le vs. Tonon for the FW title

Bibi vs. Lineker for the BW Title

Supposedly happening early 2022 now but no date announced. 

• Like 1

Damn, that news is too bad about the outbreak but it's good to see a proactive approach. Show looks wonderful on paper and I really like the idea of the 2 round muay thai/2 round mma fight between two stars like that. 

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

Sad to see absolutely zero hype for Ryzen 32.

i'm always excited for Rizin events, but i don't watch them live, and sometimes don't catch them for weeks after they happen (i just watched Rizin 31 last weekend). I also don't really follow fight announcements very close, so that doesn't help. These COVID-era cards with basically only Japanese fighters have still been fun, but it does lessen my anticipation. One of my favorite things about Japanese MMA is their willingness to feature worldwide talent that wouldn't/hasn't yet gotten a shot in UFC (somebody with a specific martial art skillset that could be considered one dimensional until they put it all together). Well, that and soccer kicks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Kitamura got merc'd from what I saw on twitter. Nose busted up and choked out. Let's see if I can avoid spoilers for Miyuu's fight. 

I was going post a twitter clip from the fight but decided not to. You're lucky, my friend.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jiji said:

Sad to see absolutely zero hype for Ryzen 32. Miyuu vs. Rena should be fun and we get the debut of Kitamura and he's fighting a 55yo Nigerian fighter 

edit: JFC

Thanks for reminding me. I will watch it now. Bobby is a 55 year old Nigerian comedian. His gimmick was a gaikokujin making funny mistakes speaking Japanese. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for in that one.

3 hours ago, Jiji said:

Watching Miyuu/Rena and Miyuu's submission defense is as sorry as her wearing a US army jacket. God damn. That counter knee was on the button. Sheesh.

I like that when Hellboy Hansen did it back in the day, it was sort of a novelty. Now? People with great reaction time just do it instantaneously.

• Like 1

Patricio Pitbull's brother, Patricky, called out AJ McKee after putting down Peter Queally at Bellator 270 and capturing the Lightweight championship.

He wants to fight at catchweight and avenge his brother's loss the same way that Patricio did for Patricky when he TKOed Michael Chandler at Bellator 221.

Edited by J.T.

• 2 weeks later...

5wHglRt.jpg?1638577335

Bellator 272: Pettis vs. Horiguchi 
December 3, 2021
Uncasville, CT (Mohegan Sun Arena)

Bellator Bantamweight Championship: Sergio Pettis © (134) vs. Kyoji Horiguchi (134.5) (first defense) - Pettis, KO (spinning backfist), R4 (3:24)
Emmanuel Sanchez (145.3) vs. Jeremy Kennedy (145.8) - Kennedy, DEC (unanimous)
Josh Hill (135.8) vs. Jared Scoggins* (140) - Hill, KO (punch), R2 (0:56)
Johnny Eblen (185) vs. Collin Huckbody (185) - Eblen, TKO (strikes), R1 (1:11)

Youtube Preliminary Card:
Alexander Shabliy (155.4) vs. Bobby King (156) - Shabliy, DEC (unanimous)
Kai Kamaka III (146) vs. John De Jesus (145.6) - Kamaka III, DEC (unanimous)
Vinicius de Jesus (170.8) vs. Levan Chokheli (169.6) - Chokheli, DEC (unanimous)
Justin Montalvo (154.8) vs. Jacob Bohn (154.8) - Montalvo, DEC (unanimous)
Mike Hamel (155.8) vs. Killys Mota (155.2) - Hamel, DEC (split)
Spike Carlyle (159) vs. Dan Moret (159.6) - Carlyle, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (2:58)
Kyle Crutchmer (171) vs. Oliver Enkamp (170) - Crutchmer, DEC (unanimous)

*Forfeits 35% of purse for missing weight