DVDVR Message Board

Bellator, PFL, RIZIN, ONE, and Fight Pass Thread (Can Crushing Edition)

Elsalvajeloco

finally got to watch Rizin 28. @Jijiis right. fun card and all of the top fights delivered.

i always try to avoid spoilers on these Japanese events, as i never know when i'll get to watch them, and i'm generally glad i do. the fights and atmosphere are so much more exciting than the results would lead one to believe. 

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, J.T. said:

The fight is this weekend, dudes.  I am PUMPED~!

The extremely rare weekend where I'm more looking forward to the Bellator card than the UFC's. 

One Championship has a decent show as well but was hurt by losing Ozcan-Sittichai so it's basically a two fight event at this point. They'll be taping the next two shows at the same time as well. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E7MicFAUYAEbFhA?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

It's McKee or Holloway for best FW in the world. He's Top 10 P4P.

I'd go with Max Holloway. Holloway's performance against Calvin Kattar, January 2021 was incredible. That's the worst MMA beating I've ever seen as a fan of the sport since January 2005. Kattar will never be the same.

Did not want to post last night because I was far too jubilant and drunk to offer any serious thoughts.

I really hoped that the fight was going to last a while but one compromising flurry and it was all over.  Probably not an accident that McKee subbed Pitbull with Pitbull's favorite sub.  McKee is a special fighter.   He has no real peers at Featherweight and should clear out the Bellator FW division in short order.  Dana should be looking to pirate this guy in a year or so.

Edited by J.T.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went on Facebook today and on this day three years ago, I said this:

Woke up at 03:15am to watch Bellator 206 on Channel 5 in the UK. As Rory MacDonald enters the cage for the main event at 05:55am approx, a show called Access comes on followed by Peppa Pig. I’m not making this up. I was a mixture of stunned and a wry chuckle at the surreal situation.

---

I recommend people check out the reactions on the internet to those events. My fellow MMA fans couldn't believe it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...