DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - The "Regular" Season

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

During tonight's Wings game, they showed video of Henrik Lundqvist - in full gear - on the ice working out. 47 days after open heart surgery. 

This gives me hope. Not as a die hard Rangers fan but for my dad who will be getting open heart surgery in March.   

Also, did Montreal jump the gun? Ottawa isn't looking too bad. Especially how they handled Calgary last night. 

6 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Was talking with someone on Facebook about the early 90s Sabres teams.  Specifically, 1991/92.  Seems they set an all-time record for penalty minutes that year - 2699.  That's 34 PIM a game.  34.  Gord Donnelly had 305 PIM - and was THIRD on the team.  That's bananas.  No wonder it seemed like there were a million fights back then.

Anyway, this Sabres fight just made me think of that.  Carry on...

• Like 1

The Minnesota Wild made Ryan Parise a healthy scratch last night. His playing time had been less and less but this is the first time he was a healthy scratch.

It is a little unclear if he is gonna play for the team again but have fun trading that contract.

NHL discipline at its finest;

Nino Niederreiter, who bumped a goalie in the head in a not-dirty play and Alexander Ovechkin, suspended multiple times in the past, who bent his stick spearing a guy in the balls, got the exact same penalty - $5000.

What a joke. Nice to see they still judge based on the name on the back of the jersey. 

Mark Pavelich, who assisted on Mike Eruzione's goal during the Miracle on Ice, and played 8 seasons in the NHL (most with the Rangers) was found dead today at a treatment clinic at the age of 63

He was receiving mental health treatment and the family believed he suffered from CTE

On 3/4/2021 at 6:13 AM, RIPPA said:

The Minnesota Wild made Ryan Parise a healthy scratch last night. His playing time had been less and less but this is the first time he was a healthy scratch.

It is a little unclear if he is gonna play for the team again but have fun trading that contract.

Zach Parise, although the Wild might be better off if they combined him and Ryan Suter into one person.

There are some terrible, untradeable contracts in the NHL right now. I thought Blake Wheeler being on the books until the end of 2024 was bad, but he's probably not even top five for worst contracts.

6 minutes ago, Dewar said:

Zach Parise, although the Wild might be better off if they combined him and Ryan Suter into one person.

There are some terrible, untradeable contracts in the NHL right now. I thought Blake Wheeler being on the books until the end of 2024 was bad, but he's probably not even top five for worst contracts.

Two words: Jeff Skinner.