DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - The "Regular" Season

Dolfan in NYC

Hey Look! It is the Devils turn for an outbreak

The added 10 players to the COVID protocol list.

Their next 3 games (2 against Pittsburgh and 1 against the Rangers) have been postponed

First statement is a demonstrable lie, the second statement is among the most ludicrously stupid things I have ever seen. Of course cross-team transmission of an airborne virus is possible you dipshit.

Ehlers   Scheifele   Copp

Vesalainen   Stastny   Wheeler

Connor   Dubois   Lewis

Perreault   Lowry   Appleton

Toninanto   Gustafsson

This is apparently the line combos Maurice is going to be running with Dubois coming in the lineup. Interesting, clearly going for depth, rather than stacking the top 2 lines, a third line with Connor could be deadly. Big opportunity for Vesalainen, he's not looked great in limited minutes in less than half a dozen games, but his promise is huge. Curious to see how long Wheeler and Scheifele remain split up, it usually doesn't happen for long as *supposedly* Scheif pouts when they're not together, but Wheeler is getting near unplayable at 5v5

e: just noticed i wrote "dozen" and not "half a dozen" about Vesa

Edited by elizium

if they run all four lines equally, it's going to be difficult for anyone to match that depth in the North. if the 4th line gets treated like a 4th line, it's not enough playing time for them, Lowry and Appleton have been really good so far this year.

My fantasy booking had Wheeler on the 3rd line with Lowry, until he remembered how to play defensively.

On 2/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, Dewar said:

if they run all four lines equally, it's going to be difficult for anyone to match that depth in the North. if the 4th line gets treated like a 4th line, it's not enough playing time for them, Lowry and Appleton have been really good so far this year.

My fantasy booking had Wheeler on the 3rd line with Lowry, until he remembered how to play defensively.

I can't imagine Lowry's time on ice will drop too much. Gun to head, I think Maurice would say he's his favourite player on the team. Maybe Copp...

12 hours ago, elizium said:

Laine benched for the entire 3rd period tonight, so that's going well already

Dean Kukan was benched as well.  Apparently Torts is somehow already unhappy with Laine off the ice so a lazy effort on defense was enough to earn him a seat on the pine.

Due to COVID completely fucking with the schedule - the Blues and Coyotes are now in a stretch where they will play each other 7 straight times

The have played 4 times already in St Louis - the 4th game was yesterday.

They will now both be off until Friday and then play Friday, Saturday and Monday in Arizona

The Coyotes have fired Asst GM and Exec VP Steve Sullivan

Sullivan also was the interim GM last year

Why you fire him now and not when you hired the new GM before the season is beyond me

On 2/15/2021 at 6:51 PM, Death From Above said:

Leafs blew a 5-1 lead to the Senators, who are on pace to be one of the worst teams in the last 50 years. That's good shit, pal.

I was like, wait, did you forget about the Red Wings?

And then I checked hockey-reference.com and...man...how is Ottawa worse than Detroit?

Their goaltending has been just off the charts bad, especially for this era. Matt Murray is rocking a 3.69 GAA and a .882 sv%. Marcus Hogberg 4.32 GAA and a .860 sv%, this is some expansion Senators level stuff. Part of this is that the team defense is nonexistant but it's not like they're doing a lot to help themselves either.

On 2/15/2021 at 9:51 PM, Death From Above said:

Leafs blew a 5-1 lead to the Senators, who are on pace to be one of the worst teams in the last 50 years. That's good shit, pal.

Evgeni Dadanov is honestly a delightful player. At least Sens fans have that guy and Stutzle.

2 losses to the Sens, and the Leafs still are on top of the Canadian division and :checks standings: on top of the league. 

We'll be fine ?