DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - The "Regular" Season

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, Death From Above said:

All while having career-highs of 41 goals and 116 points.  

I really, really would like to have seen Sid, McDavid, Alex, Stamkos, and a few others in the firewagon 80s.  The numbers they would have put up would be right there with Gretzky.

I mean the visual of an ice rink near an actual lake is awesome.  But that sun has got to suck on the ice and tough on the players eyes

So I guess we are going to have the longest intermission ever and restart at night.  

Edited by hammerva

45 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Game will resume at Midnight EST/9 PM PT

I think the funniest thing to me is pretty much how everyone is not surprised the NHL forgot to factor in the sun 

Are they actually restarting the game at midnight or are they waiting for sundown and then broadcasting at midnight?

edit. Looks like they're waiting until 9 local time (midnight eastern) to restart.

Seems like a long time to wait after sundown, which is 5:43pm, but I'm snowed-in in Tennessee so there's that.

Edited by Travis Sheldon

The game is being played in Lake Tahoe.

When they played the outdoor game in Winnipeg, it was also delayed because of the way the sun was reflecting off the ice. Ice wasn't melting though, so they only had to wait a couple hours for the sun to be low enough to not hit the rink.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Game will resume at Midnight EST/9 PM PT

I think the funniest thing to me is pretty much how everyone is not surprised the NHL forgot to factor in the sun 

To me the funniest is that there is another game tomorrow.  Unless they canceled it or moved it to 9 PM 

48 minutes ago, Tabe said:

9pm local would be 11pm eastern. 

Are we in one of those wackadoo periods where one place is observing daylight savings and one isn't? Because it is a 3 hour difference between EST and PST and Lake Tahoe is in PST

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Are we in one of those wackadoo periods where one place is observing daylight savings and one isn't? Because it is a 3 hour difference between EST and PST and Lake Tahoe is in PST

No, just me being dumb. 

Eh - I will just mention this here

Mike Babcock is the new HC at the University of Saskatchewan

Apparently it is a two year volunteer contract so he isn't too tied down if the NHL comes a calling again. And the current season is cancelled due to COVID so there is a chance he might never coach a game for them

9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I still firmly believe the Oilers have average goaltending (at best) but hell, they're running hot so let's roll with that.

Flames get crushed 7-1, Oilers sweep the back to back. McDavid had 5 points in the first 29 minutes. It's good.

The Leafs/Oilers 3 game series starting next Saturday night is looking to be a real beauty.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Eh - I will just mention this here

Mike Babcock is the new HC at the University of Saskatchewan

Apparently it is a two year volunteer contract so he isn't too tied down if the NHL comes a calling again. And the current season is cancelled due to COVID so there is a chance he might never coach a game for them

And the Red Wings' announce team spent like three minutes fellating Bab('s)cock in regard to this announcement. Not that I expect them to trash Babcock after he won a Cup for Detroit but they could have just ignored the news. 

There is a very weird developing story where Artemi Panarin is taking a leave of absence from the Rangers because people in Russia are not happy about his criticism of the Putin regime and there's clearly more going on than is coming out publicly. I'm also not going to give the time of day to the hack job media story the Russians put out on Panarin until someone credible says otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

There is a very weird developing story where Artemi Panarin is taking a leave of absence from the Rangers because people in Russia are not happy about his criticism of the Putin regime and there's clearly more going on than is coming out publicly. I'm also not going to give the time of day to the hack job media story the Russians put out on Panarin until someone credible says otherwise.

Ah, the 1990s with Sergei Fedorov and Pavel Bure being threatened by the Russian mob, have returned.  

Sure hope nothing comes of this and Artemi is able to get his family to safety or it's all a big fuss over nothing.

Edited by Tabe