DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - The "Regular" Season

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Dewar said:

Not happy with this trade. I understand why it happened (Laine won't sign a deal beyond this year), but I don't like it.

And the Jets have to wait 14 days for PLD to quarantine too...how many games does he miss?

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

And the Jets have to wait 14 days for PLD to quarantine too...how many games does he miss?

7, I believe. Laine hasn't played since game 1, so they'll pretty much just run with the same lineup they have been, minus Rosolovic.

EDIT: I completely blanked on the fact that Roso has been sitting at home and hasn't played yet, so the Jets roster actually won't change at all until Dubois shows up

Mixed feelings about the trade as well. Love Dubois, but I don't see him sticking around after 2 years. I know Laine wasn't going to stay, but trading a 40 goal scorer is a bitter pill. Unless playing for Tortorella breaks him.

Hopefully this is the opportunity that Rosolovic needs, I imagine they will give him a real shot at centre.

I guess Stastny moves to the wing? Can't see them bumping Lowry to the 4th line.

Edited by elizium

Spitballing the Jets lines:

Connor  Scheifele  Wheeler

Ehlers  Dubois  Stastny

Copp  Lowry  Appleton

Harkins  Thompson  Lewis

Taxi Squad:

Perreault

Vesalainen

Gustafsson (I think he's back with the Moose)

Edited by elizium

Honestly given the brutal first 6 games on our schedule 5 of 12 points was better than I expected. We've played half the 8 games vs the Caps (who are the best team in the division) and two vs Philly (one of the 3 consensus "penciled in" playoff teams with the Caps and Teddy Bears).

I know Mark put it in the other thread working on the assumption that something bad is afoot but it is worth mentioning here that Jim Rutherford has stepped down as Pens GM

Sabres played like crap and pretty much stole a point we in no way deserved. But at least those lessons Rasmus Dahlin took from John Cena are paying off:

• Haha 1

I really don't like the Oilers one, but it's not the jersey so much as the orange pants. It's just too much. Like when a little kid dresses themselves but has no understanding of contrast.

Good performance from the Oilers tonight though. Honestly I don't think that game should have even got to OT. They were the better team for most of it. That hasn't happened very much this season.

Connor McDavid may already have an all-time top 3 highlight reel and he's got at least a decade left. 

To tie a bow on this - DeAngelo cleared waivers and was put on the Taxi Squad however the team said he will not play for them again.

Meanwhile - Kreider moved into 2nd place in team history for goals scored by a US born player (behind only Brian Leetch)

• Like 2