DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

On 3/25/2022 at 7:18 PM, Log said:

Hang in there @The Natural.  I hope you realize you're loved around here.

Edit: "Hang in there"??!?!!  Jesus.  Could I be more generic.  Maybe I can send you a poster with a kitten hanging from a branch? 

For real, though, you have people around here who legitimately care about your well-being.  I can personally say my interest in most people I meet online is somewhere between apathy and outright hatred, but you scan as a real-life good person.  You're always first one in with a compliment or well-wishes.  I know you seem to have your share of personal problems, but you should know that you've probably been a bright spot in someone else's day at some point, and you may not even realize it.  I know I've had quite a few posts from you that made me smile, so count me as one of those people.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:51 AM, Technico Support said:

What Log said!

Thank you both for taking the time to say this. It's really appreciated. Ditto to those who reacted to my update. It's a lovely feeling knowing people love and care about you, that you're not alone. Very, very few people away from here know about the self-harm and suicidal thoughts I've disclosed to our community. Thanks again for the support and what it does for me. Love, Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

One of my best friends from high school reached out to me to grab drinks and reconnect, and a large part of me doesn’t want to go because I’m worried he’s going to try to get me into crypto. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2022 at 2:37 PM, Zimbra said:

Yeah, the last time an old friend reached out to reconnect he was trying to get me to join some self-help cult so I'm a little gun shy there as well.

Why is it a "self-help" cult if you need so many other people to make it work?

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

My biological father passed away today. We had a very complicated relationship. 

Oh, man. Sorry for your loss. Thinking of you. If you need to talk, best bet is through here via PM as my Facebook Messenger is very hit and miss.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm sorry man, that's rough. It cannot be easy processing your feelings when the relationship was complicated.  You have my sympathies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 1:19 PM, Zimbra said:

I opened up a fortune cookie this week and instead of a fortune there was an add for a crypto exchange so I am now pricing out shacks deep in the woods.

Ol' Teddy K's might still be standing.

This song was the anthem of my upbringing. It hit especially hard since Everclear's singer, Art Alexakis is Greek and I too, am Greek.  The line "Daddy gave me a name and then he walked away." will never not get to me. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This song was the anthem of my upbringing. It hit especially hard since Everclear's singer, Art Alexakis is Greek and I too, am Greek.  The line "Daddy gave me a name and then he walked away." will never not get to me. 

My dude, that song always makes me tear up for the same reasons.

You had the world inside your hands and you did not seem to know.

• Like 1

26 years after graduating high school, I am officially going back to school starting tomorrow. I'm nervous as shit about it, but also excited. Mostly nervous though. Am I too old to be doing this, what if I fail, that sort of stuff.

• Like 10

On 3/29/2022 at 2:28 PM, (BP) said:

One of my best friends from high school reached out to me to grab drinks and reconnect, and a large part of me doesn’t want to go because I’m worried he’s going to try to get me into crypto. 

False alarm, it wasn’t crypto, it was the Church of Satan.

• Haha 6

On 3/31/2022 at 9:51 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

First things first.  Condolences on your loss to whatever degree it effects you, yourfamily, and friends.  No matter what the circumstances are of your relationship with him.  I’ll guess it’s no small thing that he not be here any longer.  That’s the shit end of the stick.  So respect for having the guts to mention it.

Your post is attention getting for me because it’s a look into my future.  Only two lines long and reading it I’m like: “Fuuuuuck.  That’ll be me in a minute.”  

Edited by Brandon Bones
Stoned
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Because my car getting destroyed wasn't enough:

Got a letter from Kia that my wife's Sportage has been recalled. Electrical issue that can cause the car to catch fire. Except... no parts so they can't fix it yet. The letter doesn't say to not drive the car but does say to NOT PUT IT NEAR ANY STRUCTURES OR OTHER VEHICLES. So.......... don't drive it? 

I called Kia to find out WTF I'm supposed to do with a car they're basically telling me too drive and the first person I spoke to literally said DON'T DRIVE THE CAR. So I ask WTF and get passed around. And they basically say I'm SOL. 

Called the Kia dealer. They wouldn't help. 

Called the dealer we actually bought the car from, reminded them we've bought 3 cars from them and asked them to help. They basically said they'd be happy to sell us another car. 

I realize the odds are pretty long on anything happening but it only takes once, right? Besides, I know a guy whose house burned down because his car caught fire in their garage while they slept. 

So now I've got a car my wife refuses to drive besides my own car being destroyed. 

Sigh... 

p.s. There's actually a lawsuit over this issue that I hope to join. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Sad 5

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Called the dealer we actually bought the car from, reminded them we've bought 3 cars from them and asked them to help. They basically said they'd be happy to sell us another car. 

Sounds like they shouldn't get a chance to sell you a 4th.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2