DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

The subway shooter was arrested about an hour ago.  He was apparently ID'ed on a CCTV camera by this guy:

Thoughts:

1) Fuck yeah. Good job Zach.  (Please do NOT let him be Milkshake Duck'ed)

2) That shooter is an S-Tier asshole but probably won't spend a day in prison.  Any lawyer worth his salt will have him in a psych ward for the rest of his life. (Which I have zero problem with.  Put him in whatever the real life version of Arkham is, dope him to the gills forever, and never let him see sunlight again.)

3) Also in the "holy fuck the shooter is batshit", what in the hell was he still doing in Brooklyn?  If he was at all sane, he would've been halfway the goddamned Sudan by now. 

• Like 7

It is wild how the NYPD did absolutely fuck-all from start to finish on this and is still taking a victory lap.  If he hadn't dropped his keys and credit card at the scene he'd be their DB Cooper.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zimbra said:

It is wild how the NYPD did absolutely fuck-all from start to finish on this and is still taking a victory lap.  If he hadn't dropped his keys and credit card at the scene he'd be their DB Cooper.

Oh no. It's better.  

He called the NYPD Tips line on himself. Said he would be at a McDonald's in the East Village and they could pick him up there.  They, of course, never appeared, so he left and that's when fuckin Zack entered the picture.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh no. It's better.  

He called the NYPD Tips line on himself. Said he would be at a McDonald's in the East Village and they could pick him up there.  They, of course, never appeared, so he left and that's when fuckin Zack entered the picture.

Jesus.

Edited by The Natural

So they were scoobied to fuck (sorry, I just re-read Trainspotting) on the whole thing and decided to take a victory lap just to cover it up. And now you can probably expect a lot of ribbing for them and consequent abuse of the public because of it. Boy, that's gonna work out well. 

Legs went out from under me today. Fell on my arse from ASDA and my right arm went backwards. My right collarbone and arm is bloody sore right now. Least I didn't fall forwards or when I fell backwards my head didn't hit the floor. :(.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 10

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Recreational marijuana sales begin in New Jersey on 4/21. 

?

I’m going to have to find a new reason to take a scenic drive up into beautiful New England. 

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Legs went out from under me today. Fell on my arse from ASDA and my right arm went backwards. My right collarbone and arm is bloody sore right now. Least I didn't fall forwards or when I fell backwards my head didn't hit the floor. :(.

Hope you’re okay and you recover quickly. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 9:45 AM, The Natural said:

That sounds fucking horrible. I'm glad it didn't go the worst ways possible but am still sorry to hear it happened all the same. I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 10:45 AM, The Natural said:

Nothing broken, I hope!  Damn, dude, sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully, @The Natural is back on his feet and feeling at least somewhat better! I hope seeing Adam Cole getting destroyed helped a bit.

As for me, next weekend we'll head over to Ediburgh for the first time since 2019. Seems like forever. Really looking forward to it. I can't wait to get some decent fish n chips again!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Nothing broken, I hope!  Damn, dude, sorry about that.

Thank you, @Technico Support. Appreciate that.

35 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Hopefully, @The Natural is back on his feet and feeling at least somewhat better! I hope seeing Adam Cole getting destroyed helped a bit.

As for me, next weekend we'll head over to Ediburgh for the first time since 2019. Seems like forever. Really looking forward to it. I can't wait to get some decent fish n chips again!

Thank you, @Shartnado. Appreciate that. Enjoy Edinburgh and the fish and chips!

• Thanks 1

Federal mask mandate on domestic flights and public transit got struck down about an hour ago.   

The big 4 airlines dropped their mask requirement basically instantly.  

• Sad 2

Another death in the family. This was a second cousin with a history of pill and heroin abuse. We weren't very close. She was only 42 and leaves behind three kids.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Sad 8

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Another death in the family. This was a second cousin with a history of pill and heroin abuse. We weren't very close. She was only 42 and leaves behind three kids.

Shit. Sorry for your loss, @Nice Guy Eddie. As ever, here if you or anybody want to talk via PM. Paul xxx.

• Thanks 1

On 4/16/2022 at 9:09 PM, Contentious C said:

In addition to Wordle (and occasionally Poeltl), I began playing Semantle and it's tortuous and awful and I love it.

Thank you for introducing me to this game, which has been driving me UTTERLY INSANE this week. I am terrible at it. It took me something like 230 guesses to get yesterday's word.

• Like 1

So yeah, we are currently visiting Edinburgh, as that is my wife's favorite city. This May 1st we are celebrating 20th anniversary of our relationship, although we've actually been married for close to 12 years. I still very clearly remember stuff that happened 20 years ago, even though few years in both decades to follow are a blur. Maybe people will freak out to know that Lose Yourself by Eminem was 20 years ago and next year, Fallen by Evanescence will be 20 years old, too! Feel old, yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1