DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

Two days running I've had appointments for my mental health and two days running I waited without getting a phone call. My wellbeing one sucked but worse still was my doctor yesterday. Things happens beyond control, circumstances or even forgetting to but I'd appreciate letting know. I waited four hours for my wellbeing and nearly three hours for my doctor. That's why there's a reluctance at times to confide in things which you can't take back and bottle up once it's out in the open. Grrrr.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 8

Take care of your mental health, man.   Thanks to the situation in the Ukraine, we're experiencing increased OPTEMPO and lots of units are signing up for readiness training.  We've been notified that no leave will be approved from 1 August to 22 December.  I am going to take a long 4th of July break and then go on vacation from Christmas until damn near the end of January.  I have a feeling I'll need some personal time for mental wellness after that grind is done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Take care of your mental health, man.   Thanks to the situation in the Ukraine, we're experiencing increased OPTEMPO and lots of units are signing up for readiness training.  We've been notified that no leave will be approved from 1 August to 22 December.  I am going to take a long 4th of July break and then go on vacation from Christmas until damn near the end of January.  I have a feeling I'll need some personal time for mental wellness after that grind is done.

Cheers mate and same to you too xxx.

• Like 1

After tempting fate with two trips to Disney World and now a cruise during a pandemic, the finance and I both came home from this trip with COVID.  

Thankfully we are both vaxxed and boosted so the worst of it is really just a long annoying head cold that we seem to finally be over the hump with, but it's still kind of sucked for the last week.  

Edited by CSC
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, CSC said:

After tempting fate with two trips to Disney World and now a cruise during a pandemic, the finance and I both came home from this trip with COVID.  

Thankfully we are both vaxxed and boosted so the worst of it is really just a long annoying head cold that we seem to finally be over the hump with, but it's still kind of sucked for the last week.  

Sorry to hear this. Hope you and the fiance feel better ASAP.

4 hours ago, CSC said:

Your finances will be safe.

(Feel better.)

Edited by Ryan
  • Haha 2

I dunno where exactly fire and potential meltdown at a nuclear plant that’s being actively shelled as part of insane war during a global pandemic sit on the scale of nightmare scenarios, but I’ve got to figure they’re up towards to top. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Robert C said:

I dunno where exactly fire and potential meltdown at a nuclear plant that’s being actively shelled as part of insane war during a global pandemic sit on the scale of nightmare scenarios, but I’ve got to figure they’re up towards to top. 

This combined with living next to the country with apparently bat-shit dictator and waiting if he is feeling froggy towards my homeland is not exactly good times over here, either!

Edited by Shartnado
country, not county
  • Sad 1

I won't keep quoting it, but for whoever remembers the last few posts in this thread talking about my ex cheating on and breaking up with me I'm sure you will all delight in this. She texted me today and said "I'm sorry for everything I put you through and I'm sorry I couldn't say that sooner". Keep in mind this whole thing started in late SEPTEMBER. And she just now is finally able to show some humanity about it. My response to her was that the only thing I want to hear from her is confirmation that she finally either closed or took my name off of the joint bank accounts she had opened in both our names, and that other than that I had no interest in any other conversation with her.

God DAMN did it feel good!

• Like 7

On 3/3/2022 at 4:02 PM, Ryan said:

Your finances will be safe.

(Feel better.)

If only - the amount of Door Dash we ordered in the last week while quarantined could have paid for another small vacation.  

• Haha 1

What's the general feeling towards GoFundMe on here? The wife and I are trying to raise money for a wheelchair ramp for our son, Brandon, and them suckers ain't cheap. We just dumped a ton of cash into a conversion van, but can't really pull off much more right now and our kiddo is growing. If it's cool to post the link, I will. Thanks ❤️

I volunteer at a cat rescue a couple of times a week taking care of the cats.  Almost all of the rescue's cats stay in foster homes, which is kind of our thing, but since Covid started we've been keeping 3-4 adults at the center as kind of an overflow, and that's who I take care of.  The most we've had at one time is 11, and that was only for a couple of days.

So imagine my surprise when I get an e-mail from our president that we're getting 39 cats in on Tuesday, all shipped up from a rescue in Texas.  We've jiggered schedules so we'll have extra help taking care of them but that is... so many cats.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I volunteer at a cat rescue a couple of times a week taking care of the cats.  Almost all of the rescue's cats stay in foster homes, which is kind of our thing, but since Covid started we've been keeping 3-4 adults at the center as kind of an overflow, and that's who I take care of.  The most we've had at one time is 11, and that was only for a couple of days.

So imagine my surprise when I get an e-mail from our president that we're getting 39 cats in on Tuesday, all shipped up from a rescue in Texas.  We've jiggered schedules so we'll have extra help taking care of them but that is... so many cats.

Man, that is a lot of cats.  Have fun herding them!

• Haha 1

My wife woke me up this morning to tell me that my car - a full-size Dodge Durango - was all the way up on the sidewalk.  Some guy on his way home from work hit my car, trashed the rear bumper, shoved it about 30 feet and up onto the sidewalk (I park on the street).  He left, then came back and put a note on my front door with his contact info.  Was really apologetic when I talked to him which is nice.  My neighbor got the whole thing on video from their doorbell.  

So wish me luck as I deal with the guy's insurance and try to not get completely hosed getting my car repaired or replaced (it's a 2006 so the damage might result in it being totaled).

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Tabe said:

My wife woke me up this morning to tell me that my car - a full-size Dodge Durango - was all the way up on the sidewalk.  Some guy on his way home from work hit my car, trashed the rear bumper, shoved it about 30 feet and up onto the sidewalk (I park on the street).  He left, then came back and put a note on my front door with his contact info.  Was really apologetic when I talked to him which is nice.  My neighbor got the whole thing on video from their doorbell.  

So wish me luck as I deal with the guy's insurance and try to not get completely hosed getting my car repaired or replaced (it's a 2006 so the damage might result in it being totaled).

All that sucks, but at least no one was hurt and the guy actually came back and gave his info. Possible (unless the camera is really clear) it was someone else driving and he is taking the fall for them, but if that means its someone with insurance then it works out better anyway.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

All that sucks, but at least no one was hurt and the guy actually came back and gave his info. Possible (unless the camera is really clear) it was someone else driving and he is taking the fall for them, but if that means its someone with insurance then it works out better anyway.

It's possible that the guy is taking the fall but he seemed pretty legit apologetic.  I mean, it's possible it was a kid or something but I'm thinking not.  The video is definitely not clear enough to tell who was driving although you can see a person get out and look around.

And, yeah, definitely happy nobody was hurt and all that.  

On 3/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, Zimbra said:

OK, so they were able to arrange fosters for all but 12 of the cats, so it isn't as crowded as I had feared.  And I got to see three extremely stoned cats have a cuddle puddle

• Like 2

STOP! I can only take so much and we're stuck at 2 cats until one of these guys kicks the bucket, which won't be for another 7 or 8 years probably.

My gosh. I want to cuddle them all.

• Like 1

I'm in the same boat, we have two elderly boys and I've told my wife that we can't get any more while they're alive, but it doesn't stop us from wanting to bring home every hard luck case that comes through the rescue.

On 3/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Tabe said:

In relatively quick fashion, the other guy's insurance investigated and accepted fault.  They totaled my vehicle, which was absolutely expected.  Still some paperwork to deal with before I get paid but their settlement offer was more than fair.  Not as much as I'd have liked - of course - but very fair.  I was staring down having to purchase a new vehicle eventually anyway and now, thanks to this guy playing on his phone, I've got the down payment covered.  So it has worked out about as well as it could have.

• Like 3

On 1/7/2022 at 5:01 PM, The Natural said:

Hey everyone. My new neurologist is trying to cut down my medication. I saw her in May and we've started in bits and bats over the past couple of months. Kidney stones was one of my worst physical pains ever and this is up there. That bad. My whole body aches. I read some recent research about difficulties people can find aging with Cerebral Palsy:

https://newrepublic.com/article/164891/aging-with-cerebral-palsy

https://www.flintrehab.com/aging-with-cerebral-palsy/

Cerebral Palsy is a lifelong condition caused by brain damage. Who thought I'd have one to damage? ?. You need to laugh or you would cry. CP affects my brain and whole body. My health has deteriorated past year and a half. I also think I made a mistake switching antidepressants. I speak to said neurologist next week and I'm anxious for that. Only met her once but I couldn't gel to her like when I've seen other doctors for the first time. In light of this post, I've been watching the Bret Hart Cameo even more and the board helping to take my mind off things. Just have to grit the teeth, keep on going through this and the depression. Love, Paul xxx.

On 1/13/2022 at 6:00 PM, The Natural said:

To go with the depression I also have anxiety. Been feeling sick today as it was the appointment with the neurologist who never rung despite me and my sister sat round my mobile for two hours. As noted I couldn't warm to her or where she works. I've found the latter hard to contact and rude staff. We rang my doctors to let them know. I think when I speak to my GP next week, I'll ask her if I can go back to my previous antidepressant. I shouldn't have to rearrange that GP appointment because the neurologist didn't ring or wait till I get a new appointment with said neurologist before medicine changes. That's how I'm feeling right now with a slamming head and on very little sleep.

On 3/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, The Natural said:

Two days running I've had appointments for my mental health and two days running I waited without getting a phone call. My wellbeing one sucked but worse still was my doctor yesterday. Things happens beyond control, circumstances or even forgetting to but I'd appreciate letting know. I waited four hours for my wellbeing and nearly three hours for my doctor. That's why there's a reluctance at times to confide in things which you can't take back and bottle up once it's out in the open. Grrrr.

Hey everyone. Time for an update.

I liked my neurologist more this time round and she thought I should go back on the antidepressant I was taken off. I started taking them again on the 10th of March. I noticed a difference particularly week one. I'm getting out more and sleeping less during the day. This Thursday was the start of my third week on them. My Dad, Sister, and my Doctor, Dr Jundi who I spoke to on Wednesday noticed change in me. 

My whole body does ache though from being more active and how my health has declined since the middle of 2020. I had a blood test which found I'm really low on Vitamin D so I've been given some tablets. Started those on Thursday.

Sunday is Mother's Day in the UK. Special occasions are particularly difficult for the meaning of them but it's all the time loving and missing my Mum.

I don't think I deal well with adversity so I'm nervous when that comes knocking again. My Dad's got a big health check this coming Monday, a prostrate exam. Me and my Sister have kept telling our Dad to get checked out and he's relented.

My Wellbeing is a farce getting rung on my mobile phone with a withheld number so you can't ring back and not giving you a set time. My Wellbeing rang at the library, dentists and doctors so I was unable to take it. Like me, my Dad and my Sister say, you've things to do and can't be sat round a telephone all day.

In closing I want to give thanks to posters who have given me messages of support and keeping things I've disclosed to here including posters who are Facebook friends as well. It's appreciated as mental health issues suck.

Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 16

Hang in there @The Natural.  I hope you realize you're loved around here.

Edit: "Hang in there"??!?!!  Jesus.  Could I be more generic.  Maybe I can send you a poster with a kitten hanging from a branch? 

For real, though, you have people around here who legitimately care about your well-being.  I can personally say my interest in most people I meet online is somewhere between apathy and outright hatred, but you scan as a real-life good person.  You're always first one in with a compliment or well-wishes.  I know you seem to have your share of personal problems, but you should know that you've probably been a bright spot in someone else's day at some point, and you may not even realize it.  I know I've had quite a few posts from you that made me smile, so count me as one of those people.

Edited by Log
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1