DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

Cindy and Rob Hoffmann will no longer be co-workers as she just gave notice and will be jumping to another firm. Because I'm a dope, their name reminds me of this. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
14 hours ago, Pete said:

Cindy and Rob Hoffmann will no longer be co-workers as she just gave notice and will be jumping to another firm. Because I'm a dope, their name reminds me of this. 

Rob Hoffmann? That's a name I haven't heard in forever! Hope he's doing well.

On 8/13/2021 at 12:48 PM, Contentious C said:

I got what I consider a pretty compelling match on a dating app this morning.

Problem is, the same woman has matched me at least once before, maybe 2 or 3 times, and she ends up either unmatching or letting it expire rather than talk to me.  The travel distance to where she lives is a bit of a haul, but hardly insurmountable.  Mostly just shitty Beltway traffic to contend with.

I'm sorely tempted to put a prompt in my profile that says, "Hi Katie, if you're seeing this and thinking of matching (again!), please talk to me or just don't match at all.  You seem lovely and I'd be thrilled to get to know you, but it sucks getting my hopes up that this will be the time you take a real interest."

EDIT: Big surprise, she unmatched me again. Maybe she's just an asshole.

On 8/13/2021 at 6:12 PM, Tabe said:

That's just weird.

And guess who matched me again...

Maybe the direct profile message will work...

NOPE! 3 hours later, unmatched again!  Jesus fuck.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Hey, @The NaturalI know you've been through a lot and you seem like a really incredible guy.  So after talking about it with some on Discord I got you a Cameo from a special somebody and hope this finds you well.  Special thanks to @Craig H and @Sammo~!for helping contribute, really appreciate that.

Thank you so much, @NikoBaltimore, those on Discord (sorry my tablet doesn't allow me on despite attempts to do so), @Craig H, @Sammo~! and Bret Hart for doing this for me. I'm honestly speechless.  I enjoy my time on the board and for you to do this, it's greatly appreciated. Thank you. Love, Paul xxx.

• Like 20

18 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Hey, @The NaturalI know you've been through a lot and you seem like a really incredible guy.  So after talking about it with some on Discord I got you a Cameo from a special somebody and hope this finds you well.  Special thanks to @Craig H and @Sammo~!for helping contribute, really appreciate that.

That was freaking awesome. Kudos to all involved. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Huge thank you for doing this and a huge thank you for the kind words. It means so much. I've been more open about the extent of my mental health issues here than anywhere as it's a family here. I have a blast posting here and thanks for making it so. Thank you very much. Love, Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 10

On 10/23/2021 at 11:23 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

What a wonderful thing to do! Great way to show that there are ways to use modern techonology for nice things! You are good people, for organizing this. You can also tell that it was greatly appreciated, so excellent work, guys!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 10/23/2021 at 4:23 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

God dammit I keep telling my wife to not chop onions while I'm working from home.

Nick, Craig, Sammo, you're motherfucking TOP GUYS.  Paul, you're awesome, brother. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I got 20some staples put in my back in March.  Nothing like showering and feeling what feels like a zipper back there.

Having them removed was the really funny part.  My doctor bullshitted me.  "Hey, let's see what your staples look like."  Suddenly PLINK...PLINK...PLINK

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

I got 20some staples put in my back in March.  Nothing like showering and feeling what feels like a zipper back there.

Having them removed was the really funny part.  My doctor bullshitted me.  "Hey, let's see what your staples look like."  Suddenly PLINK...PLINK...PLINK

Just tell people you have a cybernetic spine like Idris Elba did in Hobbs & Shaw.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 2:36 PM, Craig H said:

Other options for them could include, I don't know, Quantum, Specter, Kaos, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz Evil Inc.

On 10/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, Technico Support said:

Umbrella, Tyrell, Cobra, the list is endless

Ha!  My daughter has a tradition of getting me weird t-shirts for Father's Day and now I own several that have the logos of evil fake companies from television and literature.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I wore my Weyland-Yutani Level I Operator or Sarif Industries shirt or my Tessier-Ashpool IT Department hoodie and someone just walked up to me and asked me if my company was hiring.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Been an interesting day.  So far, there's been a murder down the street from my parents and a Swat standoff two houses down from a friend's house.  They had shots fired this morning.  Now they're having heavy gunfire and explosions as I type this.  Getting a play by play over text is more than unsettling.

Even better.  House is on fire now.  With gunfire still going on.

Edited by Robert C
  • Sad 8