DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

Happy Canadian Election Day! Go out and vote two years earlier than scheduled and during a pandemic to probably end up with the same basic gov’t!

Note to Americans: we called an election a month ago and now it’s over. Envy us our short election cycle at least.

Edited by Control
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Control said:

Happy Canadian Election Day! Go out and vote two years earlier than scheduled and during a pandemic to probably end up with the same basic gov’t!

Note to Americans: we called an election a month ago and now it’s over. Envy us our short election cycle at least.

I came here to encourage my fellow Canadians to head out and vote. My riding had 21 people running!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Control said:

Trudeau chose to run the shortest election cycle possible.  Normally they aren't this short

6 hours ago, Dewar said:

I came here to encourage my fellow Canadians to head out and vote. My riding had 21 people running!

God bless central Canada.  We don't get the fringe parties on the ticket here anymore.  I think I voted for the Marxist-Leninist party once when Cretien was PM and no one was even a remote challenge to him

I've been in quarentine since last Thursday for covid. In short: A coworker got it, and I was still at work since I'm vaccinated. I never showed any symptoms and have always felt fine. Last Wednesday night (in middle of MJF's promo on Dynamite!) I find out I tested positive.  There was a week between his test and mine. My wife, who spent that week sleeping next to me, and kissing me goodbye every morning, gets tested two days after mine came back and hers came back last night....NEGATIVE!

Edited by Mike Campbell
typo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I feel like with Delta, we've heard a lot less about asymptomatic people, even vaccinated people who get it. Maybe that's just because we're testing a lot less than previously?

I guess it depends on where you're located. I'm in the Southwest, close to the TX/NM border, so I'm always hearing that masks are stupid, and the vaccine is pointless since people can still get it, and it's really not that bad anyway.

• Like 1

Just read that my home state was forced to adjust their vaccination numbers downward by about 10% after the CDC admitted that they were accidentally double-counting people who got vaccinated in pharmacies (some pharmacies?  Out of state pharmacies?  Not sure.)   So now, not only is the state behind the national average, it's way behind the national average.  Not really a surprise.  Being seeing data - probably supplied by John Hopkins, not the CDC - that contradicted the official numbers.

On the one hand, I'm not surprised more of the state's residents aren't dumber than previously thought.  But I'm also wondering how much more inept the CDC can be.  They're really doing all they can to undermine confidence in both the reporting and the vaccines.

Last few days have been even more uninteresting than usual...

On top of that, I'm about to officially enter my mid 40's, so I'd like to pre-emptively and politely tell all you kids to get off my lawn. The forties themselves haven't sucked nearly as bad as I figured they would, but the 2020's have just been the shit worst decade so far. But hey, maybe things will start to slowly not suck 100% all the time, next year?

• Like 1