DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Control said:

I turned 40 today.

I don’t think this last year should have counted, though. I should get to be 39 again. I’m just saying.

Happy Birthday, Dr Control!

I turn 40 and my brother turns 50 in April and I had really hoped we as a country would have our shit together enough that we'd be able to celebrate with our family but haha, nope.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Control said:

I turned 40 today.

I don’t think this last year should have counted, though. I should get to be 39 again. I’m just saying.

Happy returns, bud! Given you a shoutout in the happy birthday thread.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I turn 39 in a few weeks, I want all the years I've lost to my brain kerploding and making a walking anxiety ball that eventually functioned somewhat normally on like 4 separate occasions. I reckon I'm owed 10 years.

17 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Happy Birthday, Dr Control!

I turn 40 and my brother turns 50 in April and I had really hoped we as a country would have our shit together enough that we'd be able to celebrate with our family but haha, nope.

It's my 36th Birthday next Saturday and my best friend who is like a Brother to me was going to come up for the weekend. With where we live, the distance between us, it's a real treat when he's up here for that reason. We're gutted. First time in many years won't be able to have pints in the pub either. Health of the people and the country are rightly the top priority over that. Fuck this coronavirus.

Edited by The Natural

On 2/26/2021 at 7:53 AM, Control said:

I turned 40 today.

Congrats and hard relate - turned 40 last Monday and it was so anticlimactic, especially since I was on the road for work. Do o-ver! Do o-ver!

• Like 2

So, I had a pretty big hearing, first time in a long time with actually having to show up to court, witnesses etc.  Prosecutor was asking a question that was pretty clearly asking for hearsay, so I jump up to object and say "ALEXA!"

Nobody says or does anything so I say "Objection! Calls for hearsay!"

Judge sustains the objection, we move on. 

No one even acknowledged that I had said "Alexa" instead of objection.  My co-counsel didn't even catch it. 

I'm going to have to order the transcript.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Congrats and hard relate - turned 40 last Monday and it was so anticlimactic, especially since I was on the road for work. Do o-ver! Do o-ver!

Belated birthday returns! Given you a shoutout in the happy birthday thread. I think a lot of people will be doing do o-vers!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So, I had a pretty big hearing, first time in a long time with actually having to show up to court, witnesses etc.  Prosecutor was asking a question that was pretty clearly asking for hearsay, so I jump up to object and say "ALEXA!"

Nobody says or does anything so I say "Objection! Calls for hearsay!"

Judge sustains the objection, we move on. 

No one even acknowledged that I had said "Alexa" instead of objection.  My co-counsel didn't even catch it. 

I'm going to have to order the transcript.

You should have a button you press that screams out Objection from the Phoenix Wright series.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Back from my coronavirus vaccine jab. I and the others there had the AstraZeneca one.

This is wonderful news. Each and every person getting their vaccine brings the world closer to (albeit slowly) not sucking as much, again! Now, just stay super safe until the immunity kicks in!

Edited by Shartnado
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Everyone get stabbed with a Covid knife, it's your duty to the species.

This is my failed pitch to the CDC and WHO for promoting vaccination. I don't get why. Get vaccinated anyway or I will yell at you unless you have a legit valid reason you can't; then, I will yell at your genetics.

• Like 1

Curry is my favourite takeaway and for the first time in over a year, I had one tonight and it was fucking awesome. I go for the Desi Keema Saagh. I used to have the Keema Saagh but I was recommended the Desi version not on the menu if I like food with a kick and tasty. I could eat it all over again!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6

So in the last 5 days my older brother, his ex-wife, and their older son have tested positive for COVID. They're not sure yet about the younger son, he's currently fighting off bronchitis.

Thankfully we have not been in physical contact with them since December, but Mom is worried (Martin's her first, only son, her baby, etc.) (younger son has had Reactive Airway Disease since we brought him home) and there's not a godsdamned thing we can do. Stay safe y'all.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, JLSigman said:

So in the last 5 days my older brother, his ex-wife, and their older son have tested positive for COVID. They're not sure yet about the younger son, he's currently fighting off bronchitis.

Thankfully we have not been in physical contact with them since December, but Mom is worried (Martin's her first, only son, her baby, etc.) (younger son has had Reactive Airway Disease since we brought him home) and there's not a godsdamned thing we can do. Stay safe y'all.

Oh, @JLSigman. Virtual hugs lovely xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2021 at 4:45 AM, Ryan said:

Everyone get stabbed with a Covid knife, it's your duty to the species.

This is my failed pitch to the CDC and WHO for promoting vaccination. I don't get why. Get vaccinated anyway or I will yell at you unless you have a legit valid reason you can't; then, I will yell at your genetics.

Just back from a two-hour doctor's appt. To say that my primary care-giver is meticulous would be a grotesque understatement, to make matters even more fun he had a third-year med student undergoing training, so everything got done twice. What was truly maddening is that I am scheduled for my second Covid shot Wednesday, now maybe this oversimplifies things, but I made the seemingly logical suggestion that since as long as I'm at the clinic and the vials for the shots are RIGHT THERE and we have not only my primary care physician, but his nurse and a third-year med student all pouring over my charts and trying to sound like they're actually doing something constructive, it seems like it might not be a bad idea to give me my Covid shot and cross me off of Wednesday's list, saving me a second trip to the clinic and opening a spot for someone else... You would think that I suggested lighting a bonfire in the lobby and prancing around waving dead badgers and weasels in efforts to summon the Virus Demons. Apparently, disrupting the carefully-thought-out schedule (which allows for me to be called in today at noon for a 3:30 opening, because I obviously have nothing better to do with my time than bail out someone else's fuck-up), is one of those things of which we mere mortals do not get to speak. Schedule changes are left to the three giggling receptionists, who to their credit carry on as though they've been huffing nitrous all day and find the mildest bon mot to be a thing of such vast hilarity that one must use tissues to stop the tears of laughter and inhale deeply to gather one's strength to answer the telephone... Nice work if you can get it...

• Haha 1

One thing I missed about bexar county was how the clinics there mostly had their shit together. Go online to request a prescription refill, go online to get a query sent to your doc that you can get a reply back within 48 hours. The wait time at the pharmacy could be god awful if you got there late, but it worked out perfect if you were an early bird. Truly that was the golden age, five years ago.

Trying to get hold of my doc or my pharmacy when it comes to my meds is the biggest maddening nightmare this side of some cosmic horror novel. Even before the pandemic, trying to get someone on the phone with the pharmacy at HEB or the pharmacy at the clinic itself was at minimum a 40 minute hold time.

Moving to the country while working in the city, I thought hell it would be a nice adventure. Peaceful solitude. The commute would be a breeze. But the idiots setting the policy at my clinic, running the clinic in general, wouldn't know their asshole from their earlobe if you gave them a map and flashlight. It's still the 1970s seemingly, with how out of date their system is.

It took one doctor's visit in travis county to get me to reconsider leaving my hometown and the time since then hasn't really changed my mind at all. the clinics and staff are way more modern and patient friendly compared to the draconian fucks i've had to deal with for the last 5 years. so help me if i could go back and switch things up i'd rather have just stayed and never bothered moving. fuck that.

Japan's Prime Minister Suga announced that the COVID-19 state of emergency for the Tokyo area will end on Sunday. They also will have 100 million more vaccines by June and already have people vaccinated.

I still think World Govt's should limit travel until everything is mostly safe.

• Like 1