DVDVR Message Board

What's Going On?

Dolfan in NYC

On 1/13/2021 at 12:10 PM, The Natural said:

So I lost someone in my family to coronavirus on Monday. To those here who are also on Facebook, please don't say anything there. Came out of the blue. 

I start some new antidepressants on Friday. Hope these are the ones because my doctor said we're almost out of medicinal options. I really like this doctor more than the one I saw for years before she left. The latter doctor really shouted at me one time even though she knew my situation. Things were never same with her and I have a scar from that episode.

Stay safe NDVDVR family xxx.

Damn, sorry to hear about that.  Good luck with the new meds and new doc, my dude.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I tested positive for COVID today. Been feeling ill the past week or so(honesty thought it was a sinus infection, I get those sons-a-bitches all the time). Only got  sub once this week, as we have no spare staff, if more than four teachers call in the school shuts down. So I gutted it out(it looks bad now, but i honestly thought I was doing the right thing). Took a test through the tribe and its positive. Nasty head cold, but most of the congestion is gone, just lingering fatigue. Other than that, I'm doing okay, and thankfully Mom hasn't shown any symptoms yet.

• Sad 5

On 1/13/2021 at 10:10 AM, The Natural said:

So I lost someone in my family to coronavirus on Monday. To those here who are also on Facebook, please don't say anything there. Came out of the blue. 

I start some new antidepressants on Friday. Hope these are the ones because my doctor said we're almost out of medicinal options. I really like this doctor more than the one I saw for years before she left. The latter doctor really shouted at me one time even though she knew my situation. Things were never same with her and I have a scar from that episode.

Stay safe NDVDVR family xxx.

There are dozens of anti-depressents, mate. Sometimes it requires a combo of meds to do the trick. With mine I still wind up going to some pretty dark places, but that's bound up with the creativity side of things and as long as I can find my way back, it's all good. My doctor (who is wonderful) has said that the main thing to watch for is not the dark places, he totally gets that, but has said watch for any behavioral changes like eating or sleeping habits. Once in awhile I get useful info from him, most of the time he just wants to bs about boxing and MMA. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, OSJ said:

There are dozens of anti-depressents, mate. Sometimes it requires a combo of meds to do the trick. With mine I still wind up going to some pretty dark places, but that's bound up with the creativity side of things and as long as I can find my way back, it's all good. My doctor (who is wonderful) has said that the main thing to watch for is not the dark places, he totally gets that, but has said watch for any behavioral changes like eating or sleeping habits. Once in awhile I get useful info from him, most of the time he just wants to bs about boxing and MMA. ?

Cheers, mate. I appreciate that. In the past when given them, I stupidly didn't take them not wanting to be on them and stiff upper lip mentality. Since I started seeing this doctor in October 2019, I've tried to take them and I'd say 95% I have. Trying to override the side effects with the Cerebral Palsy complications. I'd say the CP has gotten worse the past year. I'm trying to beat these mental health issues, depression and grief. To stop the self-harming and the suicidal thoughts. I once tried the latter and not even my closest confidants know that. I've trusted the board here when I've talked about my state of mind, takes a lot to talk about that. I hope it's kept private to here. Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

After a long struggle with dementia, my father passed away on Friday morning.  

We learned on Wednesday that he had tested positive for COVID two days after his birthday on the 7th of January.  He was already in hospice care because he could not take care of himself like he should, so his physical health was already in decline.  Once we heard about his diagnosis, we knew it was just a matter of time.

I miss Pop and I am sad that he is gone but I know that over the last three years he's been in assisted living, he was not living the life he wanted to.  That place was a tomb and my father was waiting to die.  My heart aches, but I am thankful that my father is no longer a prisoner in his own body and his spirit is free of the shackles of a faulty mind.

• Sad 21

OK, I have now ended my self imposed exile from this thread. Sorry about the blow up in the old one.

Life goes on here. Dad's insurance is screwing him over, and I'm worried he's not getting things done because he's living alone and overwhelmed. I'll have the excuse of the taxes to talk to him more in the coming weeks, and I hope I can get to him about getting help. We'll have to figure out how the money is (not) going to work soon, and he's big on passive aggressive avoidance.

@J.T. - Much love to you and yours. I'm so sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

OK, I have now ended my self imposed exile from this thread. Sorry about the blow up in the old one.

Life goes on here. Dad's insurance is screwing him over, and I'm worried he's not getting things done because he's living alone and overwhelmed. I'll have the excuse of the taxes to talk to him more in the coming weeks, and I hope I can get to him about getting help. We'll have to figure out how the money is (not) going to work soon, and he's big on passive aggressive avoidance.

@J.T. - Much love to you and yours. I'm so sorry.

Virtual hugs, @JLSigman xxx.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 1:04 PM, J.T. said:

After a long struggle with dementia, my father passed away on Friday morning.  

We learned on Wednesday that he had tested positive for COVID two days after his birthday on the 7th of January.  He was already in hospice care because he could not take care of himself like he should, so his physical health was already in decline.  Once we heard about his diagnosis, we knew it was just a matter of time.

I miss Pop and I am sad that he is gone but I know that over the last three years he's been in assisted living, he was not living the life he wanted to.  That place was a tomb and my father was waiting to die.  My heart aches, but I am thankful that my father is no longer a prisoner in his own body and his spirit is free of the shackles of a faulty mind.

Just back from a hospital stay... Sorry for your loss, bro. When a loved one passes it is tough on those of us still here, but we can take some small solace in knowing that they no longer hurt or suffer. I truly believe that somehow, somewhere our spirits go on, freed of the pains and nuisances of our physical beings. 

• Sad 2

BTW: For those of you who may have wondered about my silence the last three days, I was busy having fluid drained out of my lungs and otherwise enjoying a stay in the hospital. Just as a general tip, if you are getting winded walking from the bedroom to the kitchen, that's probably a sign that you need medical attention sooner rather than later. As I discovered, "toughing it out" does not work, at 1PM I was getting winded easily, by 3PM I was having trouble breathing just as a result of rolling over in bed, yeah, that was a pretty good indicator to call 911. As it so happens, one more day on my own would have been fatal... As it is, I am now as fit as a fiddle with the oddest medical advice that I've ever received. You know how we get that "eight glasses of water per day" stuff drummed into us from grade-school on? Apparently that's just so much bullshit and what led to my crises. Apparently anything over a liter per day is unnecessary and can be downright dangerous. In three days I dropped twelve pounds, all of it excess fluid, some of which was in places that you don't want fluid of any kind, like my lungs for example... So no more full pot of coffee followed by a six-pack of seltzer water over the course of the day... 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Glad you're back on your feet, John.

Thanks, bro! I don't think that there's anything scarier than feeling something in your body is completely out of whack (like the ability to breathe) and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Then topping it off by finding that the "sound medical advice" that you've lived by for five decades is totally wrong. Going from approximately four liters of fluids to one or less per twenty-four hours is going to be quite the adjustment. I keep reflexively go to pick up my can of seltzer water that isn't there (first major adjustment), making a half a pot of coffee in the morning will be the next challenge. The usual has been making a full pot of which Kathy has one cup and I drink the rest is changing to the half pot which means one cup for her and two for me. Ah, getting old is fun... I suppose it beats hell out of the alternative. ?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, OSJ said:

BTW: For those of you who may have wondered about my silence the last three days, I was busy having fluid drained out of my lungs and otherwise enjoying a stay in the hospital. Just as a general tip, if you are getting winded walking from the bedroom to the kitchen, that's probably a sign that you need medical attention sooner rather than later. As I discovered, "toughing it out" does not work, at 1PM I was getting winded easily, by 3PM I was having trouble breathing just as a result of rolling over in bed, yeah, that was a pretty good indicator to call 911. As it so happens, one more day on my own would have been fatal... As it is, I am now as fit as a fiddle with the oddest medical advice that I've ever received. You know how we get that "eight glasses of water per day" stuff drummed into us from grade-school on? Apparently that's just so much bullshit and what led to my crises. Apparently anything over a liter per day is unnecessary and can be downright dangerous. In three days I dropped twelve pounds, all of it excess fluid, some of which was in places that you don't want fluid of any kind, like my lungs for example... So no more full pot of coffee followed by a six-pack of seltzer water over the course of the day... 

Sorry to hear this happened though I'm glad you are ok. Last I saw something about fluid build it was my father having kidney issues in 2019 so I'm glad its nothing as serous.

• Like 1