DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

20 hours ago, Jiji said:

Shame no Jun on the card. That stinks. If it's 10 years from now, nobody from Baba's AJPW other than Fuchi will still be wrestling.

I'm probably most excited for the Hansen/Baba hologram match.

Oh shit, I just noticed it's Tiger Mask II in the 2nd match. Another hologram?!

Hold up whaaaaa? Guh? And who is gonna do the job? Are they gonna fight to a DDQ as if it was an '80s match?

Also, WTF is this card anyway?

Muto office:

Muto said he wants to go 90 mins with Go. And talked about more women fans increase into NOAH and whatever about being sexy in the ring or something.

DDT:
Kobashi teached Endo the Kobashi fist of youth.

aeb74cdb80396122d0136552d969c5a7-450x397

Other news:
The old versions of the All Asia tags now "True All Asia" will be defended by Onita and Fuchi. Onita said the older belts are cooler after he stole them.

f_14059872.jpg

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Muto talking about being sexy in the ring just reminds me of when the Great Muta's mist impregnated a woman in Hustle.

Is there a reason every promotion feels the need to have a women's division now? Not knocking it, just some seem very ill equipped to do so.

12 hours ago, D.Z said:

Muto office:

Muto said he wants to go 90 mins with Go. And talked about more women fans increase into NOAH and whatever about being sexy in the ring or something.

DDT:
Kobashi teached Endo the Kobashi fist of youth.

aeb74cdb80396122d0136552d969c5a7-450x397

Other news:
The old versions of the All Asia tags now "True All Asia" will be defended by Onita and Fuchi. Onita said the older belts are cooler after he stole them.

f_14059872.jpg

Fuchi giving off that Burt Young from Back to School vibe

James

The state of emergency, which was said to be until February 7, has been extended to March 7. 

AJP news:

Special box office Jun Kasai vs Shuji Ishikawa ~ CRAZY MONKEY vs GIANT ~ Tokyo Shinkiba 1st RING on March 18 for the TV title. First one match show in AJP history.

Anyway 4 new men accepted in AJPW as trainees, 3 are in the dojo already while one has to finish his studies.

On 2/5/2021 at 10:08 PM, Spontaneous said:

Muto talking about being sexy in the ring just reminds me of when the Great Muta's mist impregnated a woman in Hustle.

Which led to Baby Bono being hatched from Yingling's egg. Therefore The Great Kabuki became Akebono's grandfather!

On 2/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, Spontaneous said:

I think the tag match from November with Shiozaki and Nakajima is a better match but the first match is a perfectly realized dream match. 

On 2/3/2021 at 10:03 PM, The Natural said:

I agree. Gave both *****. Sasaki/Nakajima vs. Kobashi/Shiosaki was my 2005 MOTY and that was a deep year.

Watched Kensuke Sasaki/Katsuhiko Nakajima vs. Kenta Kobashi/Go Shiosaki from NOAH, 5th November 2005 back. I stand by what I said. It's the 2005 MOTY. A year with:

Spoiler

Petey Williams vs. AJ Styles vs. Chris Sabin. TNA Final Resolution 2005.

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels. TNA Against All Odds 2005.

AJ Styles vs. Abyss. TNA Lockdown 2005.

Kenta Kobashi/Go Shiosaki vs. Genichiro Tenryu/Jun Akiyama. NOAH, 24th April 2005.

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero. WWE Smackdown, 23rd June.

Batista vs. Triple H. WWE Vengeance 2005.

Masato Tanaka vs. Mike Awesome. ECW One Night Stand 2005.

Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki. NOAH Dome Show. *****.

Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles. TNA Sacrifice 2005.

Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe. TNA Unbreakable 2005. *****.

James Gibson vs. Bryan Danielson. ROH Glory by Honor IV.

Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong. ROH This Means War 2005.

Bryan Danielson vs. Roderick Strong. ROH Vendetta 2005.

Sabu vs. Abyss. TNA Turning Point 2005.

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe. TNA Turning Point 2005. *****

It's a match I've always loved as veteran goes against veteran, protege vs protege and rookie tried to hold their own against the experienced vet. It's also in my top 30 list of the Greatest Wrestling Matches of All Time, just sits outside the top ten.

Edited by The Natural

DSC9446.jpg

Kobashi suggested new KO-D belt to Endo, Endo said Kobashi said to him the belt looks "dull" as in color has faded and has aged as in wearing down. Endo said he would like to make a new KO-D Belt out of pure gold. 

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 2

From Purolove

DDT "KAWASAKI STRONG 2021", 14.02.2021
Culttz Kawasaki

- Super Women's Pro-Wrestling War: Saki Akai & Maya Yukihi  vs. Saori Anou & Miyako Matsumoto
- Mizuki Watase & Hideki Okatani vs. Yusuke Okada & Toi Kojima
- KO-D Eight Man Tag Team Title, Decision Match: Sanshiro Takagi, Danshoku Dino, Toru Owashi & Makoto Oishi vs. Shinya Aoki, Super Sasadango Machine, Antonio Honda & Kazuki Hirata
- Special Six Man Tag Match: Super Delfin, Chris Brookes & Maki Ito vs. MAO, Keigo Nakamura & Mirai Maiumi
- Yuki Iino Return Match ~ DAMNATION vs. ALL OUT!: Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao, Mad Paulie & Yuji Hino vs. Konosuke Takeshita, Akito, Shunma Katsumata & Yuki Iino
- Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Yuji Okabayashi  vs. Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya
- DDT Universal Title: Yuki Ueno (c) vs. Yukio Sakaguchi
- KO-D Openweight Title: Tetsuya Endo (c) vs. Jun Akiyama

Reminder KO-D 10 man tags will be revived on this show and as 8 man going forward, so one of the colors will be dropped for now. DDT is marketing both main events and the all women match in media more so than the other matches.

• Like 1

I guess he can't leave all of the Omega aping in the past. 

Special Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Yuji Okabayashi  vs. Kazusada Higuchi & Yukio Naya

That's a spicy meatball.

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

Cima grew up watching Baba era AJPW in high school but later switched his preference to Lucha, aims to see styles clash in the Junior title battle. He said he wants to bring in Strong Hearts to AJP.

15 hours ago, Spontaneous said:

Before I watched Shiozaki vs Nakajima last year I watched that tag match. It was interesting to see the paths both have lead since then.

I gather NOAH had a comeback year with Go Shiozaki as GHC Heavyweight Champion last year. Only NOAH 2020 match I watched was the staring contest one with Shiozaki which I fell asleep at the 20 mimute mark. I have no desire to go back to it. Any other recommendations? Last NOAH show I watched was Final Burning 2013 when the legendary Kenta Kobashi retired.

Edited by The Natural

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

I gather NOAH had a comeback year with Go Shiozaki as GHC Heavyweight Champion last year. Only NOAH 2020 match I watched was the staring contest one with Shiozaki which I fell asleep at the 20 mimute mark. I have no desire to go back to it. Any other recommendations? Last NOAH show I watched was Final Burning 2013 when the legendary Kenta Kobashi retired.

I would recommend Shiozaki vs Nakajima, vs Sugiura, and Nakajima vs Kiyamiya from the N-1 Final. Kenoh vs Kiyamiya and vs Sakuraba are fine, nothing great.

Go loves his long matches. I suggest skipping the first 30 minutes of Go vs Fujita, the last half is great stuff. It felt like such a grind by the end but as someone who has worked retail before I was extra sensitive to the pain that comes with standing in one spot while people glare at you. 

• Thanks 1