DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

On 12/5/2021 at 6:20 PM, Souder85 said:

Since the RWTL and the D King Grand Prix ended, did anybody watch anything from them? Was a anything work checking out from both of them?

I haven't watched anything from the RWTL, but I watched the entire D-Ou Tournament (just finished the Finals).

There's a lot of great matches spread out over the tournament.

Generally just watch any Okabayashi or Takeshita match, if you only want to see the highlights.

Here's just a few recommendations:

- Konosuke Takeshita vs. Yuji Okabayashi (11/03)

- Chris Brookes vs. HARASHIMA (11/06)

- Konosuke Takeshita vs. Chris Brookes (11/07)

- Yuji Okabayashi vs. Chris Brookes (11/10)

- Yuji Okabayashi vs. Kazusada Higuchi (11/14)

- Yuji Okabayashi vs. HARASHIMA (11/21)

If you subscribe to Wrestle Universe right now, you can still get the entire month for free, you only have to pay once in January. Do it!

It's gonna happen anyways. Best to hope whoever it is, takes no chairshots to the head or excessive roids. Also knows that headbutt to the shoulder is safer.

In other news, Tokyo Sports has selected Kobashi and Chono as legends and members of the special selection committee for the Pro Wrestling Awards.

On 12/10/2021 at 4:38 AM, D.Z said:

It's gonna happen anyways. Best to hope whoever it is, takes no chairshots to the head or excessive roids. Also knows that headbutt to the shoulder is safer.

In other news, Tokyo Sports has selected Kobashi and Chono as legends and members of the special selection committee for the Pro Wrestling Awards.

Why even bother then.

3 hours ago, Archibald said:

Card for WTL/juniors finals: https://www.njpw1972.com/tornament/104935?showCards=1

Looks like the role for House of Torture is to get far enough to annoy people and then lose. Happened with Evil in G1. Sho in BotSJ and now here probably same is going to happen.

Either way big news is that Shibata is going to have some announcement on this show.

House of Torture is apt.

Katsuyori Shibata announcement is the biggest draw. Thinking he's cleared to wrestle again and his first match in five years will be at Wrestle Kingdom. I really hope he isn't stupid doing shoot headbutts again. Had my way, those would be banned with the diving headbutt and the Reverse Rana/Poison Rana.

• Like 1

Tanahashi has called out KENTA in his last comments for USA title and ZSJ obviously got tag team match. Scary thing is that Ishii is NEVER champ and at the moment doesn't have any obvious opponent. I think it would be very Shibata to go straight to the type of match that everyone wants him to avoid. And you are probably not going to convince Shibata and Ishii that they shouldn't do couple of headbutts.

It would be totally random, but I probably would prefer if we got Shibata/Khan instead of Shibata/Ishii. Khan/ZSJ from G1 was one of the best matches this year (at least for me) and I think he could work similar match with Shibata.

Edited by Archibald