DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

Kento/Yuma and Suwama/Ashino are the only ones who have some kinda real goal and angles going on.  But sometimes it all justs "swerves" for the people with no real goals to win.

Suwama wants to do that 5 crown thing again but with Ashino (Early busting out moves slower movement rough match) and Kento doesn't want to be invisible if he doesn't win the TL. He is in danger to be demoted to just a dude. 

Edited by D.Z

On 10/18/2021 at 5:46 PM, Control said:

The traditional thing is for someone to pin the TC champ in the tag league and then challenge in January. Which means, based on these brackets, that the next Triple Crown contender is Abdullah Kobayashi!

I have divined the mysteries of AJPW booking.

• Haha 1

New AJPW rookie, Ryo Inoue debuts next year on Jan 2. 

Hardcore match was booked on the final rwtl show, not something Baba would book. But I agree with Jun that AJPW needs to innovate and do new things again. 

Jake Lee vs Abby jr for the Triple Crown next year. Abby Jr brought up the old foreign names like Abdullah the Butcher at the comment booth, "These are the history of hardcore". He claimed those guys were the real Royal Road and everything after 89 is new Royal Road.  Wacky dude.

Nomura's last match in AJPW will be against Yuma I think.

Edited by D.Z

Abby Jr wants to use the rules of PWF to full extent in sense of fouling in his Triple Crown match with Jake lee.

AJPW is planning to renew the matt canvas next year, maybe switch to gold or remove those sponsor logos or something else.

Koji Iwamoto is leaving AJPW this Dec 31st.

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Abby Jr wants to use the rules of PWF to full extent in sense of fouling in his Triple Crown match with Jake lee.

AJPW is planning to renew the matt canvas next year, maybe switch to gold or remove those sponsor logos or something else.

Koji Iwamoto is leaving AJPW this Dec 31st.

Woof. Nomura, Zeus, and Iwamoto all leaving.

Doesn't seem like a good sign.

Edited by Control

Jun, Yusuke, Aoki, Zeus, Nomura, Koji. Lot of the Jun era AJPW guys gone. 

The 3 leaving means more money leftover for other men to sign up. Wonder if they sign Tajiri's boys to contracts next year along with Ashino?

• Like 1

Burning will be revived in DDT, this is the third resurrection. Kobashi gave Endo permission to use the factions name. Jun will join as suggested by Kobashi. And so will Yusuke Okada and Yuya Takashika?

992cb4be891e8c71541e681e5e73c3f4-450x307

• Like 2

I was watching the final show of RWTL,  most of the tags matches are fun and fast. The hardcore tag match has Jake Lee bleeding. I haven't watched the finals yet.

I should be able to watch more pro-wrestling next year, because I don't watch scripted or any western TV shows anymore.

Kento and Yuma are both aiming for the "New 5 Crown battle", if they win the world tag titles and one of them wins the Triple Crown next year. To show something else on the ring.

If Yuma wins the Triple Crown next year, he will beat Kento's record of youngest Triple Crown winner.

Jake Lee wants to create a new Royal Road, while Abby Jr wants to go backwards to the rough days of the Royal Road as done by heels, brawlers, gaijin etc. 

Tajiri is booking Jake Lee as the Royal Road representative, but in the antagonist role. NJPW tried that years ago with Nakamura as the Strong Style guy in Chaos.