DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

38 minutes ago, DEAN said:

That would be Ryuichi Kawakami, Hayato Tamura, and Nobuhiro Shimatami.  BULK ORCHESTRA!

Didn’t know Shimatami. Look at these stats:

Billed height 157 cm (5 ft 2 in)

Billed weight 72 kg (159 lb)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Control said:

Didn’t know Shimatami. Look at these stats:

Billed height 157 cm (5 ft 2 in)

Billed weight 72 kg (159 lb)

ALL MUSCLE! BULK!

• Like 1

Thread bringing back memories of Muscle Orchestra, the team with a name that generated more appeal to me in comparison to their ability than any other.

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Zack Sabre declared both Okada and Will's belts are fake titles, and Shingo should ignore those guys. And joked Bob Sapp could come in and declare himself as 2nd Gen IWGP HW champ.

At first I interpreted this as Sapp being the last 2nd gen holder (he isn't, much like Okada wasn't the last holder of the 4th. Woosh) but for a moment I would have bet money he was. Combination of remembering Nakamura holding the 2nd in 2004 and Inoki stink being responsible for the first two times we had multiple generations mingling like a Doctor Who special.

• Like 1

Belt conflicts something old NJPW would do pre Bushiroad, so I am fine with these angles. Probably expect Will's belt to go away first because it's too similar to Shingo's.

In regards to attendances, Bushiroad reportedly limited crowd covid control mandate is more strict than all the other promotions.

6 hours ago, D.Z said:

Belt conflicts something old NJPW would do pre Bushiroad, so I am fine with these angles. Probably expect Will's belt to go away first because it's too similar to Shingo's.

In regards to attendances, Bushiroad reportedly limited crowd covid control mandate is more strict than all the other promotions.

I half expect that's because they find it a useful excuse for why they are drawing worse than Stardom or Ice Ribbon or SEAdLINNNG or GanPro or even the last ZERO1 show at Korakuen.

Anyway, dumping on New Japan's business aside, really want to recommend the recent Takuya Nomura vs Daisuke Sekimoto match from BJW 18th October: https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1m44y1v7tw

It felt like a classic BJW Strong Title match & if that's something you enjoy then I'd recommend this.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 11:40 AM, Control said:

Whoa~! Did not see that coming. Didn’t know Zeus was Mr. Moneybags.

Didn't he get the sweet Frying Pan money when he was sponsored by a cookware company whose products he couldn't tear in half, or am I thinking of someone else who used to go round wrecking frying pans? I may have dreamed the entire affair.

I still expect NJPW to be better off business wise later on, because of their national TV deal (which allows more fans than the other promotions to watch) and sponsors and occasional commerical ads promoting NJPW. Anyway any slight decline in recent years for attendances is because of the Elite gone, which attracted both western fans to show up sometimes and fujo women into western men.

In other NJPW news, Kota Ibushi is out for two months, he probably will be back in time for WK. 

Tenryu Project holding 16 man Dragon Cup. I am not listing everyone until all names are finalised.

NJPW

Shingo wants to do a joint technique or at least the torso sleeperhold to make Zack Tap.  Whatever move he will chose will just end up being a big sub before the finishing stretch.

Edited by D.Z

5 hours ago, D.Z said:

2AW

The Andrew Kingdom reorganized and are now the THE RULE, they are Andrew King Takuma, Shigehiro Irie, Ayato Yoshida, Taylor Adams and Naka Shuma. Shigehiro Irie won the 2AW OW title.

Yoshida as a heel is different.

Wonder if All Japan will treat Irie any more seriously.

Edited by Control

7 hours ago, D.Z said:

2AW

The Andrew Kingdom reorganized and are now the THE RULE, they are Andrew King Takuma, Shigehiro Irie, Ayato Yoshida, Taylor Adams and Naka Shuma. Shigehiro Irie won the 2AW OW title.

Is there any place online to watch 2AW? I see the results on purolove and the shows look interesting to me. 

Also I've subbed to GLEAT's YouTube channel. What shows are worth checking out?