DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

Numazawa’s always been one of my least favorites but I’ll give him credit for the title match against Takashi Sasaki in June 2006. Definitely one of the best BJW matches ever. His title reign in 07 was good, and he had a fun series with Yoshihito in 2011. I feel like that really bad concussion/skull fracture against Sekimoto in 2005 really changed the trajectory of his career even if he had some decent performances after that.

I would rather see Miyamoto-Numazawa by far. Ito has had some decent matches these last few years but he was never exactly fleet of foot. I presume we are getting Ito-Numazawa.

Just watch Freedoms. Violento Jack vs Masashi Takeda from the last Freedoms show is one of the best death matches of the year. Must see. It's just a well done match. 

Yeah I just watched it and loved it. Violento Jack is someone I’ve always thought was great, but in the last year I’ve realized the only guy on his level in the world right now is Takeda. The Jack vs. Masaoka Scaffold Match from 2016 (?) is one of the best deathmatches of the last decade that I really wish was released on more than just the one hardcam shoot I saw it on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A.M.B. said:

Yeah I just watched it and loved it. Violento Jack is someone I’ve always thought was great, but in the last year I’ve realized the only guy on his level in the world right now is Takeda. The Jack vs. Masaoka Scaffold Match from 2016 (?) is one of the best deathmatches of the last decade that I really wish was released on more than just the one hardcam shoot I saw it on.

Violento Jack is just a good wrestler. He makes his matches interesting and not just about smashing glass everywhere. He deserves more respect.

I remember watching Hayashi splat himself in WCW on a floor dive against Raven and thinking "that dude just shortened his career by a lot".

Tape Machines Are Rolling — Raven vs Kaz Hayashi (WCW Worldwide -  3/20/1999) ...

That was 20+ years ago and Hayashi is still going.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 2

Note: They just extended the state of emergency for several areas until the end of September.

The government is hoping to vaccinate everyone who is willing by October or November. Judging by this more than a few people are willing. Like in the US, vaccination rates and the process by which people can receive them varies. My smallish prefecture of Yamaguchi tops the country at close to 60 percent done and almost 70 percent with at least one shot. And even then vaccine coupons, which are used to keep track of who got what and when, were sent out at different times by different municipalities in the prefecture.

Also at the end of the month the controlling party of the Diet, the Liberal Democratic Party - which is definitely not liberal and kind of democratic in the US sense - will be holding elections for it's new leader who will then become the next Prime Minister. The current Prime Minister, Yoshihide Suga, has declined to run in the party election paving the way for one of these people probably.

• Like 3