DVDVR Message Board

2021 Puroresu General Discussion

Jiji

I am gonna save this space and slowly update the AJPW news that happened

Evolution girls will start up soon and they have trainess coming. Akane Fujita has joined Evo Girls.

EwbJFKTVEAIXie7?format=jpg&name=small

GAORA title match Kasai vs Ishikawa will be Glass board, some other kinda board & barbed wire board & TLC + α deathmatch.

Jumbo Tsuruta Memorial Match at the big show this year.

Yoshitatsu who wore black trunks and kneeguards said 3 things if he wins the Triple Crown,  AJPW expansion overseas, new movie about Yoshitatsu, and improving AJPW image. He is gonna do all that even if he doesn't win.

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Jake Lee is becoming more like 2009 Nakamura and Shinya. I like the T.E. heel stuff in AJPW, used to be Heel stuff in the Muto Era.

Eventually the newspaper and newsites build for this year CC will start up, what will the wrestlers may change up or look wise.  I am thinking maybe someone wins the CC and dethrones Suwama.

Edited by D.Z

To Yoshitatsu, Strong Style is the training, look, and the old form of Inoki-Ism pre MMA era so instead it's Wrestler vs Boxer or any other fight style. So take all that and use the Royal Road in ring style, Royal Road-Strong Style.

Ryuichi Kawakami of BJW has transferred to GLEAT, so GLEAT expands to 11 wrestlers. I expect some more hires over time, but their roster probably won't be as big as when Lidet owned NOAH.

As for AJPW, we shall see what happens soon when whoever wins the Deathmatch. Even if Shuji wins we might not see the end of gimmick matches but just no more Deathmatches if he wins.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for all the news spam 

Yoshitatsu developed 3 new Anti-Suwama moves with MMA artist Hideo Tokoro, Hideo Tokoro grew up watching AJPW Triple Crown bouts in his younger years.

As for the AJPW Deathmatch

Spoiler

Shuji won and will aim to further raise the value of the TV belt. So the title is even further moving away from what Jun booked it as.

That was the last Deathmatch in AJPW.

Edited by D.Z
  • Thanks 1

Ishikawa-Kasai was brutal. It'll get lost in the shuffle because it's AJPW and Rosa-Baker but I encourage anyone interested to check it out. 

Spoiler

I enjoyed Kasai's run. Hopefully Shuji can have some fun undercard matches with the title. That ring looked horrifying at the end. I know there's been worse but seeing it in a AJPW ring was something else. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Shuji wants anyone from any promotion and weightclass to face him. Jun Kasai could also keep participating in more normal matches for AJPW.

AJPW could still do more special 1 match shows in the future, NJPW did one in 1987 with Tatsumi Fujinami vs Kengo Kimura.

Edited by D.Z

Kasai can now bring back the tail and bananas like when he left BJW for Z1. I mean he is coming up on 47 and has two young-ish kids, there's no reason to keep doing deathmatches outside of being a total madman. It can't possibly have earned him that much money.

Edited by Ryan
  • Like 1

It was such a sight seeing a AJPW ring stained with blood and covered in glass. Honestly, all 3 Kasai matches are worth checking out. I think Shuji was the best one but I liked the other two. The TLC match with Yoshitatsu was also a jolting sight. It kinda helped the Gaora TV title already, it made me more interested in it instantly. 

I am not putting obvious results in spoilers boxes, so Suwama won against Yoshitatsu. The CC winner has better chance of dethroning Suwama, also I don't think the Triple Crown will be deassembled into 3 if Suwama loses.

Suwama-Yoshitatsu was a solid match. Super obvious winner hurt it. No good nearfalls. Still, better than the Sato match. Izangi-Cima was in the same vain. Izangi looked solid in a rare big solo match. 

I'm guessing Jake Lee is winning the CC this year and dethroning Suwama. Who else is there?

• Like 1