DVDVR Message Board

Raw is League of Legends - 1/4/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Goldberg beating Drew and then beating Roman seems like the most Vince thing ever so I'm sure that's what will happen. Over/under on how many body parts Goldberg hurts in a 5 minute match with Drew?

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Goldberg beating Drew and then beating Roman seems like the most Vince thing ever so I'm sure that's what will happen. Over/under on how many body parts Goldberg hurts in a 5 minute match with Drew?

His own, Drew's or both? Either way, I say 3.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Did Drew actually insult the legends like Goldberg claimed?  Apparently, the main event ran long last night.  I've seen several reports claiming Drew was supposed to cut a post-match promo which "disrespected" the legends and brought out Goldberg, but, due to time constraints, they sent Goldberg out early and Drew never got to cut the promo?

They definitely went over, at least. 

14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Then they brought out Old Man Bill and he pushed Drew down and they immediately cut to Steve Austin's celebrity show hahaha

Goldberg immediately came out and said something but I had it on mute. 

Drew posed with Hogan. Well I guess one of the new talents are listening to him/is forced to do something with him

1 minute ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

All?

I could easily see a head-butt gone awry, and if both men get cut on that, that's two right there. A botched Jackhammer and slightly mistimed Spear and my estimate could be a conservative one.

• Like 1

I'm all for Drew/Goldberg putting on a 7 minute banger at Royal Rumble.

Good sub 10 minute TV match with Lashley working as the big bruiser and Riddle taking some wild bumps. That corner bump on the outside was nasty. That finishing sequence was creative and neat. I'm all for these two feuding over the US title. Riddle has been coming along nicely on RAW with some quality singles TV matches against Sheamus last year and now this one against Lashley.

1 hour ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Maybe I'm looking for something that isn't there. But I can see Goldberg beating McIntyre to set up champ vs champ with Goldberg/Reigns at WM. Maybe we get the Universal Heavyweight Championship as unification.

I like this idea. I think everyone universally agrees Roman's new character is the best act in the company. Unify the titles, make a singular world title mean something again, and get Roman on both shows as the touring champion. It would kind of kill Drew's momentum. But on the other hand, what momentum?

Have Edge win The Rumble and instead of wanting his world title shot he wants revenge on Orton or whatever. Lots of ways to get around the Rumble winner thing. Dont know why Miz has MITB again. But just have him get squashed somewhere along the way too.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I like this idea. I think everyone universally agrees Roman's new character is the best act in the company. Unify the titles, make a singular world title mean something again, and get Roman on both shows as the touring champion. It would kind of kill Drew's momentum. But on the other hand, what momentum?

Have Edge win The Rumble and instead of wanting his world title shot he wants revenge on Orton or whatever. Lots of ways to get around the Rumble winner thing. Dont know why Miz has MITB again. But just have him get squashed somewhere along the way too.

Drew's been treading water as "asshole you cheer for, for some reason" for months now.  I'm one of the few people that thought the Orton win was actually a good thing because it took the title away from Drew and hopefully had it find it's way onto someone new.  

The Miz having the briefcase isn't a bad thing.  Goldberg winning the title could (and should) lead to Miz kabong'ing him with the case and getting a fluke win.  Then the Morrison turn happens. 

But unification under Roman is a good option too. 

Drew is stale. They tried to make him into a hero with the legends being part of the Ambulance match at CoC, but it didn't work. The promo they had him doing with HH last night was pandering. Having HH say Drew reminded HH of himself was a choice. Who wants to compare your big babyface to a racist jerk with a bad sex tape? I thought they made Drew look like a goof.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Drew's been treading water as "asshole you cheer for, for some reason" for months now. 

the WWE Universe-Approved Vinceism for this is a "babyface"

and add my name to the "Roman unifies the belts" petition.  World Champs are like starting QBs, if you have 2, you have 0. They've wanted to have him be The Guy for 5 years, let him be the guy and make a Touring Champ out of him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Craig H said:

Both Drew and Roman don't mind working stiff, so in that regard outside of Sheamus these 2 are the best opponents for Goldberg. I know working stiff still doesn't prepare you for someone as unrefined as Goldberg. I just realized I want Sheamus vs Goldberg or Goldberg vs Cesaro  both would be fun. Why would you run Goldberg vs the top guy on both brands on 2 flagship PPVs in a row. I like Goldberg,  and was ready to see he vs Reigns last year. This year though, I think they've done a better job building up challengers for Roman on the Smackdown side. They're doing a good job with Keith Lee 

I wonder if Bill Goldberg headbutted too many doors and mistook Drew McIntyre for Randy Orton. I originally was going to say nutted but didn't want you to get an all together different visual!!!

It's like when Ozzy Osborne was the RAW GM and Vince McMahon wanted him to say wanker but Ozzy explained what it meant so it was removed.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

The promo they had him doing with HH last night was pandering. Having HH say Drew reminded HH of himself was a choice. Who wants to compare your big babyface to a racist jerk with a bad sex tape? I thought they made Drew look like a goof.

It was a kayfabe promo. The majority of the WWE fans (i.e.; those who aren't super hardcore fans that know or care about outside of the ring occurrences) don't know about Hogan outside of the ring and to them Hogan is still the American "say your prayers and eat your vitamins, kids" Hero.

Edited by Edwin

2.20 million viewers

2.15 million viewers

2.04 million viewers

Raw had the #1, #2, #3 spots in cable ratings Monday night also best Raw ratings since march.

Thanks to Hogan and Goldberg and etc.

• Like 1

I shouldn't be baffled by WWE booking but I am with Goldberg mistaking Drew McIntyre as Randy Orton (cheers for the botch explanation, @Burgundy LaRue) and dissension within the Hurt Business. What's with WWE breaking tag teams and stables up? Hurt Business is one of the few highlights of WWE and has given everybody within it something to do, a direction. Stupid.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2