DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIV - 1/31/2021

Dolfan in NYC

8 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

I like this idea. But I'd be scared of their temptation to slot Rollins in at #3.

I've thought that too. In my head, 3-5 are kind of jobbery, so Rey can kind of be teaching Dominik as the match goes on. Have Rollins come in 6th, eliminate Rey before Dom eliminates Seth, setting up some tension. I'd love them to do Rey/Dom at Mania. 

48 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Man alive if people wouldn't have some hilarious reactions to two-time Rumble winner Sheamus. 

Seamus tying The Hulkster in career Rumble Wins is almost too funny not to do

• Like 1

My predictions for the Royal Rumble matches.

Men's Royal Rumble Match Winner: Daniel Bryan.

Runner Up: AJ Styles.

Final Four: Daniel Bryan, Edge, Cesaro, AJ Styles.

Iron Man: Cesaro.

Most Eliminations: Big E.

---

Women's Royal Rumble Match Winner: Bayley.

Runner Up: Bianca Belair.

Final Four: Bayley, Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair.

Iron Woman: Bayley.

Most Eliminations: Rhea Ripley.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gorman said:

I'm going to keep asking for this finish until I get it. 29 wrestlers in, 29 wrestlers out. Number 30 walks in and wins the Rumble. 

YES!

I'd love one year for a real slimeball heel to weasel their way into #30 and then this happens.

Final 4 of say Nak, Cesaro, Bryan and entrant #29 Jeff Hardy. Big sequence sees Bryan and Nak throw Jeff out before Cesaro hits a double clothesline but he goes full Cactus Jack and also tumbles out.

Crowd are stunned as the countdown happens knowing that someone like Miz or Ziggler or Bobby Roode of Corbin, is about to walk down and be crowned the winner.

• Like 2

Following from @The Natural

My predictions for the Royal Rumble matches.

I'll stick with my crazy fantasy:

Men's Royal Rumble Match Winner: John Cena - He's going to face Goldberg.

Runner Up: Cesaro - Cena gives him the handshake of mutual respect afterwards

Final Four: Cena, Cesaro, Bryan & Strowman

Iron Man: Bryan.

Most Eliminations: Cesaro.

---

Women's Royal Rumble Match Winner: Bianca Belair.

Runner Up: Charlotte Flair

Final Four: Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Charlotte Flair & Raquel Gonzalez.

Iron Woman: Bianca Belair - Winning from a top 5 entry slot.

Most Eliminations: Rhea Ripley.

Edited by L_W_P
  • Thanks 1

And they have completely changed what is happening on Backstage

Its now the men’s #1 and #2 will be revealed and then an exclusive match between Natalya and Tamina for who enters #30

• Like 1

On 28/01/2021 at 5:26 AM, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Mind you I'm picturing some kind of smoke and mirrors video editing where Cena doesn't have to leave his tv show set up in Canada. Somehow they send a ring up there and film something wacky that everyone hates. Goldberg beats McIntyre. Cena vs Goldberg for The Raw title. Yuck.

Hopefully someone on creative watches last night's Wandavision.

Fiend brings Cena back from the Firefly Funhouse post-snap style after the last two guys eliminate each other. Cena stands in the ring live via satellite from Canada not knowing what happened the past twelve months.

Remaining Raws to Mania are a rotating time period, till someone puts something in the wrong laundry hamper and everyone realises its just a weird manifestation of a reality designed by Cena.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, D.Z said:

New match added

SmackDown Women’s Title Match
Carmella vs. Sasha Banks (c)

Guess that means Sasha Banks will miss her first Women's Royal Rumble match. Sometimes the world champions make it in, other times they don't.

• Like 1

If there's disappointment with the Men's and Women's Royal Rumble match winners and let's be honest, disappointment is usually associated with WWE booking, there's still the second chance Elimination Chamber matches which tend to determine the other world title matches at WrestleMania.