DVDVR Message Board

Royal Rumble XXXIV - 1/31/2021

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Charlotte mentioned defending the women's tag belts and being in the Rumble. So add women's tag title match to the list.  

It has been officially announced now

Charlotte/Asuka vs Jax/Baszler

Goldberg vs Fiend needs to be the movie match at Mania.

Cameos from various WCW job guys who consisted of the streak, 5 mins of being tazered, then being hit in the head with doors, lockers and ring posts.

Match ends when Sid gets revenge for his crushed rental car and traps him inside one and becomes Gage Goldberg's new dad. 12 month reign of Sid and the Fiend ruling the world and the universe.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EWZKF6XU4AAfcxe.png

Stop being greedy, Edge! Let's check the list: You already did, you already did and it's been absorbed into another title, so in the form you gave it up in, it isn't even around anymore for you to TAKE back. ( Plus, you did lose it like 9 times before, so "never" isn't exactly correct.)

Now, on the other hand, if you didn't want to do all these things all over again, you coming back from such an injury (yet again) would be another thing that makes very little sense.

• Like 1

Was waiting for someone else to post this, but gonna do it myself. Twitter last night was chock full of wrestling fans who didn't know who Bad Bunny was, so I guess he's the 2021 Pitbull. (Not that I'm that much better - I'd heard the name for sure, but had to search to confirm that I've heard some of his songs.  They don't always tell you exactly who you're listening to on the radio, you know?)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

Goldberg vs Fiend needs to be the movie match at Mania.

Cameos from various WCW job guys who consisted of the streak, 5 mins of being tazered, then being hit in the head with doors, lockers and ring posts.

Match ends when Sid gets revenge for his crushed rental car and traps him inside one and becomes Gage Goldberg's new dad. 12 month reign of Sid and the Fiend ruling the world and the universe.

https://i.redd.it/geepz7wn2ne01.gif

• Like 1

Not sure who will win both Rumbles, but there has been a theme for both since the Womans Rumble existed. Japanese winners, The man and the mans man and people who wear black that are both from Indys,  Vince chosens Charlotte and Drew.

Alexa and the Fiend? 

Drew can still win the possible mens Elimination chamber to face Goldberg or just lay down a challenge.

Edited by D.Z

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

EWZKF6XU4AAfcxe.png

He never lost the title. He had to relinquish it due to injury

8 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

With FS1 bring back WWE Backstage the night before the Rumble and CM Punk in quarantine for a "job"  they are really teasing him coming back for the Rumble.  Will it happen? Probably not, but it's always fun to see a tease before the Rumble. 

None of that feels like its teasing Punk coming back. If he ever return to the ring it will probably never be with WWE so its odd to even consider it a legit tease.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what they do with Alexa in the Rumble.  I don't really expect her to win, but, given the way they booked her vs. Asuka the past few week, it's hard to see them letting anyone look strong against her.  We've been assuming Asuka vs. Charlotte is the WM.  Maybe it will be Asuka vs. Alexa?  I can imagine them doing a "redemption" story where Asuka overcomes her fear of the unstoppable 100-pounder to retain the belt.   That could be... goodish.  

I think it's more likely they'd chump Asuka out and let Alexa squash her at WM.

Maybe the real question is how many versions of Alexa enter the Rumble.  We'll probably be lucky if the answer is one.   

2001 Royal Rumble match had some of the best surprises. WWF announced Mr Perfect, Goldust and Godfather would return in the 2002 Royal Rumble match. I wouldn't have. Let them be surprises.

On the subject of which...

maxresdefault-79.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=737

The best surprise entrant ever has to be John Cena in 2008 as #30 by far.  Cena gets a massive ovation from the crowd who then remember to boo again.

Great surprises: Three Faces of Foley in 1998, Bob Backlund from 2000, Honky Tonk Man/Big Show/Haku in 2001, Edge 2010, Diesel 2011, Chris Jericho 2013, Bubba Ray Dudley from 2015, AJ Styles in 2016, Lita/Trish Stratus/Molly Holly/Kairi Sane from 2018 and Edge last year.

I think we could get Strowman coming back and winning this year. He could viably challenge for either title. Same with Lesnar but I doubt we see him again any time soon.

I've jokingly said that Cena will come back to face Goldberg at Mania.

WWE already spoiled Edge's re-return.

Is anyone from NXT due to come up? Priest? Dream? Adam Cole, May-Bay?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

I think we could get Strowman coming back and winning this year. He could viably challenge for either title. Same with Lesnar but I doubt we see him again any time soon.

Strowman got beat handily by Roman before the move to Smackdown so he likely wouldn't get the nod for challenging at WM.

2 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Is anyone from NXT due to come up? Priest? Dream? Adam Cole, May-Bay?

Priest & Rhea were the ones being talked about as moving up the main roster.

24 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So am I the only one disappointed that the Riot Squad are not the women's tag challengers? 

I'm disappointed, but I also didn't expect them to be after they lost their match on Smackdown last week.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if The Fiend, Bray Wyatt returns and wins the Men's Royal Rumble match. That would be a big mistake from someone who likes The Fiend with the exception of the current pairing with Alexa Bliss for how it came about.

Edited by The Natural

I could see them having Rhea win it and challenge Charlotte to a rematch. In fact now I've thought about it, it seems so obvious it's practically a spoiler. It'll suck for Asuka to lose the title and big Mania match as an afterthought again, but it'd be par for the course, and I guess at least should result in a good match. No idea for the men's match, Bryan maybe? 

• Like 2