DVDVR Message Board

2021 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

The Natural

5 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Dude, I just posted this an hour ago.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

I have a new favorite fighter. That looks like my office. He just needs a few hundred books and more robots and he'll have it down.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, twiztor said:

Miesha Tate is one of my all time fave female fighters, so this is exciting news!

returning after 5 years off, after having 2 kids, seems like a big hurdle, but i'm not complaining. Come on, Cupcake!

With you, mate. Hoping this turns out well for those reasons. Really unexpected development as Miesha Cupcake Tate returns.

4 hours ago, Jiji said:

This is dumb.

The first event was always going to sell out. The Houston event might be a different story, but I wouldn't surprised if it did the same thing.

The UFC making in roads to do these events is based on what they knew the demand was.

Usually MMA trilogies are 1-1 going into the rubber fight. Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson (2-0 to Silva) and Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard (Maynard won the first and the second fight a draw) are the exceptions to that.

Yeah, that seemed an obvious signing after that last fight of his. 

Burgos vs. Barboza is a dream fight and I want both guys to win badly. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

We're gonna see how much Ferguson has left.

We will. The years of hard fights and weight cuts. I'd single out the battering Justin Gaethje gave him, was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Co-main event behind Oliveira/Chandler for the vacant UFC Lightweight Championship. I'm liking it. Be interesting to see how Nate Diaz looks, he last fought in November 2019 losing by doctors stoppage in the third round to Jorge Masvidal for the BMF Belt.