DVDVR Message Board

2021 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

The Natural

On 4/1/2021 at 6:12 AM, The Natural said:

ExwWChpW8AE0glL?format=jpg&name=large

UFC 261 poster dropped today.

Still seems weird to me almost a year later we're right back to Masvidal and Usman again, and Masvidal hasn't even fought since that time. But we are still in a pandemic.

Edited by TheVileOne

I was going to post this yesterday cause it struck me as kind of pellicular, but I couldn't find a tweet. Now I have one:

So yeah, Rose is out here fighting the Cold War one communist at a time. 

I didn't see the Rocky IV angle being played out in the UFC. Definitely didn't see that coming.

Lithuanian parentage explains that. 

My body and soul are ready for another Weili promo. I hope she holds the title forever and they start playing the Chinese national anthem after her fights. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Lithuanian parentage explains that. 

My body and soul are ready for another Weili promo. I hope she holds the title forever and they start playing the Chinese national anthem after her fights. 

No, I get that part and what happened to her grandfather I believe.

That said, you can't continue to say, "well it's nothing personal" but then get personal cause that's basically Weili's background. That's what gets me.

You can also not say better dead than red. Not in 2021. That's straight up weird and xenophobic. 

I find it intriguing especially with the backdrop of the Olympics happening this year. This seems like shit from forty years ago. Thing is it's no longer about which woman performs better at the uneven bars, but who is the better fighter in the Octagon. The evil, devilish part of me wants this shit to play out even more just cause it hasn't happened in MMA like that.

• Like 1

You know what's crazy? Ben Askren just did a shot for shot reenactment of the Rocky IV Hearts on Fire training montage.

I could totally buy Pat Barry and Wittman being in something like that. It would actually fit in this case.