DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 31: Fight for the Troops 3 (11/6/2013) - Fort Campbell, KY (Fort Campbell)

Elsalvajeloco

Why is Romero holding his hands so far apart? Does he enjoy getting kicked in the face, 'cause that's what is likely to happen.

Well, didn't get kicked in the face and has the nastiest left I've seen in a long time. Dude was 32 when he came to UFC, short window for a career but he looked awesome tonight.

Am I the only one that thinks Lioness Nunes is awesomely cute?

Nope.

Also, I like that Ronny Markes is in one entertaining fight and gets absolutely ethered.

For a wrestler, Romero is a pretty awesome striker. Hell, Romero is a pretty awesome striker period.

Bad night for the military, 1-4 by my count, unless I missed someone's service.

Kennedy sent everyone back to the barracks with a smile on their face, though.

Our troops proved to be a total class act cheering for the winners regardless of where they hailed from.

Very proud of our troops for showing what an MMA crowd should behave like. (I didn't hear a single "USA,USA!" until Kennedy won, and then it was completely appropriate.)

• Like 1

This card was really good for what our former leader would call a "meaningless" show. Least entertaining fight was probably Romero-Markes, which at least ended with a brutal KO.

Rimz actually texted me after Romero KO'd Markes. That's bizarre considering I don't even hear from him much during major shows anymore.

This card was really good for what our former leader would call a "meaningless" show. Least entertaining fight was probably Romero-Markes, which at least ended with a brutal KO.

Rimz actually texted me after Romero KO'd Markes. That's bizarre considering I don't even hear from him much during major shows anymore.

How's he doing? Well, I hope.

What is not entertaining about seeing Markes knocked into next week?

First couple of rounds were a little plodding, but that's a minor quibble

I'll agree, but the finish more than made up for it. The prelims were simply awesome, maybe even better than the main card.