DVDVR Message Board

2021 HORROR MOVIES

J.T.

So, you know how TBS does a 24 hour marathon of A Christmas Story.  Well, Screenpix Action is doing a 24 hour marathon of Black Christmas.

It does not make me love Xfinity, but it helps me hate them less. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

One of my friends said nightmare alley is pretty good.

The original with Tyrone Power is much better.  I thought you'd be the first one to disqualify it as a psychological thriller. ?

Edited by J.T.

On 12/14/2021 at 5:32 PM, J.T. said:

Okay..  Yellowjackets is starting to freak me out.

Reveal hidden contents

Supernatural elements are now in play.  The girls preformed a mock seance to try to communicate with the spirit of the hunter that they found dead in the lodge apparently possessed the body of one of the Yellowjackets and chaos reigned.

The story of the adults is not as compelling, but it is still interesting to see how the bad shit that happened in the woods continues to plague them.  The more I see how crazy the lives of the adult Yellowjackets are, it just makes me want to see more about how the girls devolved into a tribe of cannibals.

Shauna turning the tables on her daughter's attempt at blackmail was fucking awesome, though.

I'm all caught up watching this and I think it's pretty fun. Right up my alley.

Spoiler

The brief flash forward they show in an early episode of the winter and Misty being the leader of some tribe bleeding out one of the girls and eating her is probably where the next few seasons are headed. They've only got through maybe 1-3 months of the plane crash timeline. At this pace the whole crash timeline would take at least 5 seasons to get through. Funnily enough the show creators have said they envision it as a 5 season series. The present isn't as interesting, but I do think they picked some great actors. So while some of the material isn't as good, they elevate it. Except the guy that plays cop Kevin. There's no way that straight laced narc was ever an emo kid lol.

Think it's pretty obvious Tai's kid is seeing her through the window at night. "The other one" meaning the other mom that's a savage climbing trees and eating dirt.

I also figured out pretty early on Tai's redheaded girlfriend in the past was going to get eaten by a wolf. That was some pretty heavy handed foreshadowing.

This show has a lot of potential. I just hope they have enough current timeline stuff fleshed out in their brainstorming to keep it interesting. I have no worries about the past. That shit is interesting as hell. Especially with some mystical shit popping off now. It's been renewed for a season 2 already so Showtime must be happy with it.

• RIPPA locked this topic